The man or bear hypothetical (2 Viewers)

I'm glad you feel like you can speak for all women. However, having worked for 20 years in adult education where virtually all the students were female I can tell you that wasn't their opinion at all
Absolutely. Listen to interviews from Riley Gaines about how the women felt having to share a locker room with Lia Thomas. She said that some of the swimmers went and changed in the janitor's closet because they felt better there.

What are the statistics for women being assaulted by trans women in restrooms? If we’re going to look at this logically.

What are the statistics for women being assaulted by trans women in restrooms? If we’re going to look at this logically.
First of all, the topic isn't logical

Second, are you saying that how women feel about it doesn't matter?

I have no problem with the question, but I do feel like there is a contradiction when some that are saying that those who disagree with a woman choosing the bear "just don't get it because it illustrates how women feel about men (paraphrased)" will then ignore women who feel uncomfortable about sharing a bathroom (a vulnerable, enclosed space) with a biological male
Decent bit of rhetoric but I doubt you actually feel that’s an equivalency

I think it only matters how a "trans-woman" feels. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

Decent bit of rhetoric but I doubt you actually feel that’s an equivalency
That's avoiding the subject. Are you saying that hiw they feel about the bear question matters but how they feel about who uses their restroom doesn't? It's a simple question

Not saying that. And I understand the topic isn't logical.

If the situation were real and not hypothetical, I have no doubt almost all women would choose the random man in the woods. Because the vast majority of men aren't practicing predators. I'm not, but if I'm walking behind a woman in an otherwise empty parking garage because our cars are in the same direction, I can understand her feeling uncomfortable. Because IRL the most likely threat of violence to her is a man.

The reason I made the "logical" comment was because I agree logic misses the point. Women feeling uncomfortable about sharing a restroom with biological men isn't because they think trans women might assault them. It's because they think a man might - and that's where any nuance ends.

So to make the comparison you did, I'd just be curious to know: how often are women assaulted by cis men, how often are they assaulted by trans women, and how often they are assaulted by bears. I'm guessing the third and second categories are way lower than the first, but for some reason you want to equate the first and second categories, when how women feel about the second category has everything to do with the first.

To be fair, the point made by @Dago is not about assault, but about level of comfort, which is really what the man vs bear question is about.

Women feeling uncomfortable about sharing a restroom with biological men isn't because they think trans women might assault them. It's because they think a man might - and that's where any nuance ends.

Is that the only reason why women feel uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a trans-woman, because they fear a biological male could assault them?

The man vs bear question, isn't necessarily just about assault.

Last edited:
I'm glad you feel like you can speak for all women. However, having worked for 20 years in adult education where virtually all the students were female I can tell you that wasn't their opinion at all
you are correct, i cannot speak for all women .
but why is it the most outspoken group against trans people using the women's bathroom is men?

To be fair, the point made by @Dago is not about assault, but about level of comfort, which is really what the man vs bear question is about.
and whete do you think that comfort level stems from?
if i had to guess, the ones who choose the bear have been assaulted or harassed enough in their life where it harmed them physically or mentally or both .

Last edited:
I've see a thread about this topic on about 5 message boards total.

Every single one ends up devolving into trans stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom