The Miami Dolphins are STILL on the clock! (MERGED DISCUSSION ON 1st overall pick) (1 Viewer)

. . . and do the Rams get away with paying second pick salary for the actual first pick in the draft? :scratch:

It's time for the draft to hurry up and get here.

I was listening to Sirius radio today, and on The End Zone they were discussing this topic.
Ross Tucker said that he could see a situation in a couple of years where a team like the
Dolphins would actually give up a 7th round pick in order to trade DOWN out of the 1st
overall pick. That's how messed up the rookie contract structuring has become.

He thought it was unlikely that Miami would "pass" on the 1st pick this year, but they did
entertain the possibility that they could, and then laughed at the scenario where Atlanta
might not want to pay an extra $8 million guaranteed to sign the guy they have slotted at #2.

Last edited:
What if the Dolphins.....

:idunno: I read somewhere that the Dolphins may not make a pick at the first pick and pass to a few picks down.I know the Vikings did something like this a few years ago,but was wondering, can they just jump to whichever spot they choose????Does anyone know the rule on taking a "mulligan"?:idunno:

yea, they can...but it would be pretty dumb IMO because they don't get any more picks for doing it. I can see if they are targeting someone like Vernon Golston who they don't want to pay 30 million dollars guaranteed to...but I don't see that happening.

wait, if they dont turn their selection in on time, it just goes to the next team. they dont lose anything do they?

they'll try to trade back first though and i think they'll get their trade if they don't take someone. i wouldn't be suprised someone trade with them to take Jake Long or Glen Dorsey with the 1st.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom