The Nascar Thread (8 Viewers)

Yeah, that makes sense.

Right. They've talked themselves into a corner. Next time it's gonna be someone else, and they'll get mad if they're penalized when Hamlin didn't, or something.

Yeah - what they should say is that they missed it, they don’t have a procedure for correcting a missed call after the race and that they’re gonna do better about it going forward. But that Denny should have been posted for a restart violation during the race but they missed it. C’est la vie.

Then take the heat and move on. This dance of trying to have it both ways is bad form.

Martinsville starting soon. Truck race was eh. Xfinity last night was a sheet show. Aric got the win, and Custer was in the mix most of the night. Clearly for some Cup drivers, dropping back to Xfinity isn't a bad thing.

Larson and Bubba on the front row in the Cup race is pretty funny after last week. Bubba has a shot if his pit crew doesn't fork up the money stop like they did last week.

Martinsville starting soon. Truck race was eh. Xfinity last night was a sheet show. Aric got the win, and Custer was in the mix most of the night. Clearly for some Cup drivers, dropping back to Xfinity isn't a bad thing.

Larson and Bubba on the front row in the Cup race is pretty funny after last week. Bubba has a shot if his pit crew doesn't fork up the money stop like they did last week.

Bubba was among the fastest until the final phase of the race, they fell off a bit - that late re-start saved a top 5. They need to get better at late-race adjustments and strategy, they want to win so badly but that's what it's going to take.

Looking at the Texas entry list, I see that Jimmie is running in the 84, which is cool. And Austin Hill getting his first Texas start in Cup, in the RCR #33.

Bubba was among the fastest until the final phase of the race, they fell off a bit - that late re-start saved a top 5. They need to get better at late-race adjustments and strategy, they want to win so badly but that's what it's going to take.
I was super impressed with Bubba at Martinsville. They ran a solid race. Just crazy how dominant the HMS cars were. They seem to have that track on lock every year.

The race itself was kinda meh. The NextGen is simply not built for Martinsville and most short tracks. There's not enough tire falloff and the only way you can really pass is pit strategy. Byron was stuck in around 5th for a while and didn't jump ahead until he short pit. That was a hell of a call by his crew chief and won him the race.
Looking at the Texas entry list, I see that Jimmie is running in the 84, which is cool. And Austin Hill getting his first Texas start in Cup, in the RCR #33.
Texas wasn't too bad last year, so it's got some potential to be a good race. I hope Jimmy can get a better result than his attempts last season. LMC was a sheet show last year. Not much better this season. We'll see. I thought maybe they'd be better with Toyota, but it's been marginal improvement at best.

Last edited:
I was super impressed with Bubba at Martinsville. They ran a solid race. Just crazy how dominant the HMS cars were. They seem to have that track on lock every year.

The race itself was kinda meh. The NextGen is simply not build for Martinsville and most short tracks. There's not enough tire falloff and the only way you can really pass is pit strategy. Byron was stuck in around 5th for a while and didn't jump ahead until he short pit. That was a hell of a call by his crew chief and won him the race.

Texas wasn't too bad last year, so it's got some potential to be a good race. I hope Jimmy can get a better result than his attempts last season. LMC was a sheet show last year. Not much better this season. We'll see. I thought maybe they'd be better with Toyota, but it's been marginal improvement at best.

Totally agree on Martinsville, the 24 call to come in won the race. But that car was just better in the late stages, it wasn't purely track position - he had to get around all four of those cars in front of him. A few he got on tires but he passed the 5 on speed.

I think Texas will be better for the Fords - maybe see Blaney or one of the RFK cars win it.

Also this weekend is all three series BTW.

Wild day at Texas dang
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly describe it as fun because most of these wrecks were more related to the track conditions than racing. Definitely not boring tho, lol.

That said, there were a lot of mistakes made by multiple pit crews. JGR and 23XI in particular were really bad. They weren't the only ones. Larson lost a wheel.

23XI, despite some questionable decisions by Bootie plus Reddick's pit crew with at least 2 15 second plus pit stops and getting bit by a caution when he was headed for the lead, Reddick and Wallace both managed to finish in the top 10. Great points day for Bubba.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly describe it as fun because most of these wrecks were more related to the track conditions than racing. Definitely not boring tho, lol.

That said, there were a lot of mistakes made by multiple pit crews. JGR and 23XI in particular were really bad. They weren't the only ones. Larson lost a wheel.

23XI, despite some questionable decisions by Bootie plus Reddick's pit crew with at least 2 15 second plus pit stops and getting bit by a caution when he was headed for the lead, Reddick and Wallace both managed to finish in the top 10. Great points day for Bubba.

Yeah, JGR had a really bad day. The track is a handful but I think that's part of racing, especially Nascar - track issues have long been an challenge for the winning driver to conquer.

I had Brad K in my pick 'em, so I was pretty ecstatic about it. He dropped like stone at the beginning and wasn't far from getting lapped. But the yellows just really fell their way and in the last 80 laps, he had one of the fastest cars but he was still off-sequence but then that caution when he and Logano ran long was perfect. Finishing second after all of that was nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom