the passing of my uncle (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
wed. afternoon i had just started my tour of duty at work and i received a call from my family. my mothers brother had just passed away. well i made the 5 hour drive to north alabama for the funeral. the bad thing is it takes a death to bring a family back home and back together.
i miss him already.....

T.P.

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news..Good luck to you and your family..

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
My condolences, Southland.

Uncles held a special place in my family life. They didn't have to be as strict as my father and they took great delight in teaching and/or spoiling kids in ways that would drive my parents crazy. Guess that's why I loved them so much. All gone now. All gone.

Southern tradition...weddings or funerals means all family grudges are ended and everybody comes together.

That's how it's always been in my family at least. Sometimes folks who hadn't spoken since the last wedding or funeral would actually hug.

Again, my condolences.

TPS

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Was he also 5-0 and a possible source for your inspiration?

TPS

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
Southern tradition...weddings or funerals means all family grudges are ended and everybody comes together.

That's how it's always been in my family at least. Sometimes folks who hadn't spoken since the last wedding or funeral would actually hug..
Not necessarily a Southern tradition I'm afraid. I've seen way too many family feuds (re)ignited over a death in the family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)