The random stuff from X thread (4 Viewers)

An interesting thing:

People are saying she lost stability.

I don't think that is what happened. What I think happened is she fetched up on something under water while moving to the dock to tie up, or hit the dock when docking and her hull broke off between the cargo hold and the aft engine spaces.

The cargo didn't destabilize her, rapid flooding deep in the cargo hold destabilized her. Her cargo containers started to float in the hold, and that water could slop from her port side to her starboard side which caused her to roll over.

As she rolled her tall hotel superstructure didn't roll at quite the same pace as the midship and bow indicating that she had broken into two parts at the quay.

I found a photo from her other side which shows this much better:

0a19e9f9465ebe899738848bcd65ebf3.jpg

Here you can see the hotel superstructure leaning at a crazy angle over her midsection, and somewhat to port, while her midship and bow are listing hard to the starboard.

The stern not only broke off of the hull under the water line, the structure of the stern collapsed internally, allowing the high superstructure to fall forward as well as falling the opposite direction as the rest of the hull.

So she's under the water broken into three pieces.

She's a tiny ship and there's a lot of room in an open bay to the starboard side of her. A medium sized shear leg vessel can easily approach her from that side and lift her pieces up off the bottom, and then set them on a medium sized barge for her to be hauled away to be scraped.

This is a shear leg:

f0774dd9-326e-4424-956a-5a83a6da006e.jpeg

An interesting thing:

People are saying she lost stability.

I don't think that is what happened. What I think happened is she fetched up on something under water while moving to the dock to tie up, or hit the dock when docking and her hull broke off between the cargo hold and the aft engine spaces.

The cargo didn't destabilize her, rapid flooding deep in the cargo hold destabilized her. Her cargo containers started to float in the hold, and that water could slop from her port side to her starboard side which caused her to roll over.

As she rolled her tall hotel superstructure didn't roll at quite the same pace as the midship and bow indicating that she had broken into two parts at the quay.

I found a photo from her other side which shows this much better:

0a19e9f9465ebe899738848bcd65ebf3.jpg

Here you can see the hotel superstructure leaning at a crazy angle over her midsection, and somewhat to port, while her midship and bow are listing hard to the starboard.

The stern not only broke off of the hull under the water line, the structure of the stern collapsed internally, allowing the high superstructure to fall forward as well as falling the opposite direction as the rest of the hull.

So she's under the water broken into three pieces.

She's a tiny ship and there's a lot of room in an open bay to the starboard side of her. A medium sized shear leg vessel can easily approach her from that side and lift her pieces up off the bottom, and then set them on a medium sized barge for her to be hauled away to be scraped.

This is a shear leg:

f0774dd9-326e-4424-956a-5a83a6da006e.jpeg

Wasn't reading all that but yeah. Plausible. It can happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom