The Refs Were Bad In Saints/Chiefs Game (10 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
There were a number of calls that didn’t get called while there were a number of calls that shouldn’t have been called.

Case and point:

Towards the end of the game a db tackled Olave before the ball got to him, but the refs didn’t throw a flag. Troy “CTE” Aikman joked, “yeah, these refs just want to go home.” Hardy har har.

However earlier in the game the refs called holding on the Saints when they were on defense, and they were defending against a run play. How does one get flagged for holding on a run play?

The refs didn’t cause the Saints to lose, but they certainly greased the skids to it inevitably happening.

It's like I said, KC probably was going to win, but the refs made sure their was never any doubt about it every time the game was within a score. If their was one team that could cause havoc, it was the Saints.

Every fan of every team blames the Refs. We all know that Refs suck, every team has to deal with it. Blaming them for loses is just cope.

Plenty of examples in all three loses that contributed to us losing that had zero to do with poor officials.
In fairness to the OP he did say the loss wasn’t caused by the refs.

They guide games the way they want to, most of us realize that. Have to be good enough for it to usually not matter.

In fairness to the OP he did say the loss wasn’t caused by the refs.

They guide games the way they want to, most of us realize that. Have to be good enough for it to usually not matter.
The great teams, the 49ers, Cowboys and Patriots know how to coach the refs. There is a real psychology to this. They are humans and can be prone to suggestion.

Last edited:
Yeah the refs only call the penalties and spot the ball and a few other things minor stuff all of it. It's hard enough playing the game with the highlander,try doing it without him, if he isn't in the parking lot already.

This morning Pro Football Talk with Mike Florio and Devin McCortey are talking about Aikman’s comment, and trying to wash it away by saying “he shouldn’t say such things because it will set off alarms, and undermine the game.”

Excuse me?

Him saying that a ref should have called a foul is undermining the game?

Allowing your offense to get into a situation where you're so dependent on a 34 year old gadget player is just such a bad look. We love Taysom but its proving out his body can no longer take that beating in the NFL anymore.

This morning Pro Football Talk with Mike Florio and Devin McCortey are talking about Aikman’s comment, and trying to wash it away by saying “he shouldn’t say such things because it will set off alarms, and undermine the game.”

Excuse me?

Him saying that a ref should have called a foul is undermining the game?

not the game, but the evil empire that is the NFL….the game was mostly ok before the owners decided that the commish should be one of them…..

The refs (and announcers also) were incredibly biased in the game. Really frustrating and I don’t know how a team can beat that.
But in all fairness, in this play, I think the refs just messed up the number. It should have been against 90 (Breese) who held KC number 65, preventing him from getting to the next level and blocking Orji. So TECHNICALLY it was holding. But the is never called.**

** “never” in this context only includes teams not named “chiefs”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom