The solution on how to deal with Roddy White on Monday (1 Viewer)

It all starts with Turner. You shut him down and Ryan has to put the game on his shoulders, which he can't do and win.

The Ravens shut Turner down for only 32 yards and a team total of just 60 yards and Ryan throws for 316 yards and 3 TDs and beats them. Seems like the game was put on his shoulders and he stepped up to the plate. So I don't think you can count on shutting down the running game guaranteeing a win.

The Ravens shut Turner down for only 32 yards and a team total of just 60 yards and Ryan throws for 316 yards and 3 TDs and beats them. Seems like the game was put on his shoulders and he stepped up to the plate. So I don't think you can count on shutting down the running game guaranteeing a win.

If the Saints can shut down the Falcons running game, I will guarantee a Saints win. There is a difference between the Saints defending the pass and the Ravens defending the pass.

Saints Defense:

YDS
(7th)

PASS YDS
(2nd)

Ravens Defense:

YDS
(8th)

PASS YDS
(15th)

Saints' pass D (#2) >>>> Ravens' pass D (#15)

the way I see it we have 3 concerns
Roddey White
Michael Turner
Tony Gonzales

anyone who thinks other wise is drinking too much of the koolaid
JMI

Snelling is a serious weapon too especially on third downs...our secondary is up to the task we just really need to handle Snelling and Turner...they can't beat us without a very good run effort.

On a serious note, does anyone even know if Greer will be active today? Without him then I do become concerned with Roddy.

It's their line everything revolves around them. If they respond badly everything falls apart.

Don't think he can be dealt with. We haven't dealt with him for a while now. I think if we are able to contain Ryan and the other two, Turner and Gonzalez, we'll be fine.

Greer can handle Roddy..and if they call the push offs...he might completely shut him down...Roddy is more mouth than anything else when playing a quality corner.

Thats the problem, Roddy gets by with the push offs down field too much.
even then I dont think hes a factor.

You stop Gonzo and its all over. You shut down Turner to some degree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom