Then WHAT(?) constitutes a “Horse-Collar” tackle? (2 Viewers)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
During Teddy’s first drive, right after the Latimore’s Int., we had made our first , first down, so, 1st and 10 with a hand-off to Washington from The J-E-T-S’s 19, the defender who is given credit for the tackle but is clearly shown with his hand inside of Wash’s pads but at the chest level from the front! My ? is; is the definition of a horse=collar tackle ANY grab inside of the shoulder pads or what? Then , if so? Why not call it on that play where it’s rarely MORE OBVIOUS as the way Hewitt, #46 for the jets, is seen bring Alvin down ( along with a number of other jets on top of the pile) but clearly Hewitt brought AK #41 down by the FRONT of his shoulder-pads but nonetheless, to me, this is unabashedly a tackle which gives those rinky-dink defenders an obvious and clear way to make a tackle a tackle proof All Star Player in Alvin Kamara and I’m asking if ANYONE has ever seen this call when it’s a clear grab of the pads to bring down a player from the front? Please give us a bit of insight, if you have any, concerning such a clear infraction of the rules or am I not reading the rule correctly and it only applies from behind the player? Merci Mes Amis and GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!

During Teddy’s first drive, right after the Latimore’s Int., we had made our first , first down, so, 1st and 10 with a hand-off to Washington from The J-E-T-S’s 19, the defender who is given credit for the tackle but is clearly shown with his hand inside of Wash’s pads but at the chest level from the front! My ? is; is the definition of a horse=collar tackle ANY grab inside of the shoulder pads or what? Then , if so? Why not call it on that play where it’s rarely MORE OBVIOUS as the way Hewitt, #46 for the jets, is seen bring Alvin down ( along with a number of other jets on top of the pile) but clearly Hewitt brought AK #41 down by the FRONT of his shoulder-pads but nonetheless, to me, this is unabashedly a tackle which gives those rinky-dink defenders an obvious and clear way to make a tackle a tackle proof All Star Player in Alvin Kamara and I’m asking if ANYONE has ever seen this call when it’s a clear grab of the pads to bring down a player from the front? Please give us a bit of insight, if you have any, concerning such a clear infraction of the rules or am I not reading the rule correctly and it only applies from behind the player? Merci Mes Amis and GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!
That isn’t a horse collar tackle.

The penalty is when a player gets his hand inside the pads from behind.
I can see where a player can get just as seriously injured when grabbed inside of the pads from ANY direction! The tackle I am referring to gives the ball carrier a means to the end with that grab and that could have been a really bad injury to his neck or head from ANY angle when they are grabbed by anything so solid as their shoulder pads which gives the tackler an enormous advantage of holding on to something so solid as their pads. If it’s worded as you say and it’s only from the back IMHO, there’s a question of where that limit point on the pads is. Is it from the dead middle? Is it from the middle of the shoulder to the middle of the other shoulder? Grabbing a player’s pads seems just as dangerous and just as a way to control the runner or receiver and making the player pretty defenseless to rid themselves of the tackler! Just asking before it happens in A SEASON GAME when it really counts and with our history? Seems as if we’re exposed to any wrinkle or opportunity for a call which either hurts one of our players or costs us a game or player’s health.

No harm, no foul.

Referees are not police, they're judges. Something they seem to have forgotten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom