They say bears have slight edge (1 Viewer)

that's the article that "Beardown" claimed he wrote

Just punt the ball out of bounds every time and don't give him a chance. That will take away 50% of his opportunities. On kickoffs, our guys will need to come under control 5 yards in front of Hester and gang tackle.

I have a feeling Michael Lewis will break one for a TD...he's been getting sooooooooooo close lately.

I don't know. He does not seem to have the same speed any longer once he clears the first wave of tacklers.

Well he had 6 (I believe) TD's on special teams. But, he also had 8 or more fumbles. So it seems that he's just as likely to fumble the ball as he is to score a TD.

I think one huge factor could be field position. If your backed up close to your endzone, it's alot harder to kick for the sidelines, then say if your punting from the 30 or 40. Your going to give up a few yards by doing that. So hopefully we do a good job of staying around the middle of the field.

I don't believe our special teams has given up a TD all year. We should definitely be one of the best in the league. You guys need to go watch some Hester highlights - the dude is Xciting!!
Go Bears!

Devon Hester might become a liability in this game for the Bears defense.

A return TD by Hester puts the Chicago defense on the field immediately and for more time than they would otherwise be on the field.

This is exactly what the Saints want, a tired defense trying to stop the best 4th Quarter running attack going.

As long as the game is close or the Saints are ahead the return TD's don't do Chicago any favors.

Only time a Hester TD really hurts is if the Bears have a 7 point lead and Hester returns one putting the Saints in a big hole.

I'm not saying the Saints let him break one but if he does and its still a close game after his TD then take solace in the fact that the Bears defense has to chase Reggie around a bunch more and Deuce will be better set up for a dominant 4th quarter.

I just hope Steve can hang them high enough in the air for us to have a shot a recovering one of his fumbles... man did you see how many times he dropped/missed the ball on the punts?

Brilliant idea - let Hester score... pfff.

Look out for Lance Briggs baby!!

Bears!

Did you guys see what Seattle tried? They tried kicking around him and we were still getting the ball from the 30-45 all day. Advantage Chicago in this department, by far. Not just returning punts/kicks, but defending on them too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom