They say bears have slight edge (3 Viewers)

This is not Dallas's defense. :dunno:

Well Seattle put up 21 on the Cowboys in Seattle and put 24 away from home in Chicago. So maybe Dallas' D is actually better?

I love how people are claiming the Bears have a great defense right now. It's all false reputation. They have not been a good defense for about 7 or 8 weeks now and they aren't getting any healthier this week. Before the Eagle game, all we heard was how Philly had the advantage on D......................well we had a mediocre passing day and put up 27, with no turnovers from our D or Special Teams points.

I will not be surprised if it is a close game, but I, also, will not be surprised if we win by more then 2 TD's.

Our D isn't what it was at the beginning of the year - but we are hoping it shows up this week. Our pressure on the QB has been lacking a bit (but 3 sacks on SEA). Our run stop up the middle is worse w/out Tommie Harris. But there are plenty of strong points still - we are certainly better than Dallas. Try to beat us to the outside - never gonna happen. Our LB's have some of the best speed in the league (plus Mark Anderson and Alex Brown on the end).

Our D isn't what it was at the beginning of the year - but we are hoping it shows up this week. Our pressure on the QB has been lacking a bit (but 3 sacks on SEA). Our run stop up the middle is worse w/out Tommie Harris. But there are plenty of strong points still - we are certainly better than Dallas. Try to beat us to the outside - never gonna happen. Our LB's have some of the best speed in the league (plus Mark Anderson and Alex Brown on the end).

We will see.

Your Lbers are definately your biggest strength on defense, but they have been susceptible to the inside run and that is exactly our strong suit. As far as running outside, if Reggie can't get the edge than look for cutback runs, designed or not. We are not one dimensional at all, so I don't think the run game will be a problem for us.

Your LBers better bring their A game because Reggie will give them fits all day in the passing game, all the while Deuce will be running right at them. We are very lucky to have such talent and a smart QB. Opposing fans have not respected the amount of weapons we have on O and are utterly dumbfounded when they see they cannot contain this offense.

Your offense will have to put up over 28 points to have a shot.

Our LB's are up to the task - open field tackling is a big plus for us (Reggie). If we can get off a block up the middle we will handle Duece. Alexander rushed for 100 on us, but 3 carries gave him 30 yards. I don't expect to see that happen again. Our secondary has actually been pretty awesome - Seattle has one of the best passing attacks in the league and we shut them down twice, shut down Plax w/ NY. Tillman concerns us sometimes - but who ever Vasher has is going to be shut down! I'd also say your TE's will not be productive (see Jerramy Stevens and Jeremy Shockey). I'm looking forward to this matchup, I think it will be a great game. LUCKILY - I WILL BE THERE - YEAH!

Our LB's are up to the task - open field tackling is a big plus for us (Reggie). If we can get off a block up the middle we will handle Duece. Alexander rushed for 100 on us, but 3 carries gave him 30 yards. I don't expect to see that happen again. Our secondary has actually been pretty awesome - Seattle has one of the best passing attacks in the league and we shut them down twice, shut down Plax w/ NY. Tillman concerns us sometimes - but who ever Vasher has is going to be shut down! I'd also say your TE's will not be productive (see Jerramy Stevens and Jeremy Shockey). I'm looking forward to this matchup, I think it will be a great game. LUCKILY - I WILL BE THERE - YEAH!

I WILL BE THERE AS WELL!!!!

Make no mistake, we don't have one of the better passing attacks, we have THE best passing attack. And as far as Alexander, we have Deuce who is playing at a much higher level than Alexander AND Reggie Bush. You are fooling yourself if you think you will be able to shut down these two. Our TE's suck, so you at least don't have to worry about them, but our Wr's are very good and very underrated. We have Colston, who catches everything, Horn should be back, Henderson who is a Bernard Berrian clone and Copper who is a very good 4th WR........not to mention Reggie in the passing game all of whom have Drew Brees throwing them the ball who is leaps and bounds better than Hasselbeck! Get yourself ready for a shootout because we will score at least 28 points!

LUCKILY - I WILL BE THERE - YEAH!

Man that is just low! I thought you were a classy fan until that last little comment. :>)

Kidding of course, thanks for coming to talk football. I disagree with you (of course I do I am a Saints fan.) I think your CBs will have their hands full and your D hasn't stopped anybody since Tommie Harris went out. The last two games you faced teams with STRUGGLING O's and barely won. The Bears D better have a hell of a game or you will need a whole game from Rex to be like he played the third quarter to keep it close.

I think it will be a close game, I am looking forward to seing my Saints beat a good team to go to Miami! Best to your Bears, but not on Sunday.

Peace+

Nebo

Look at the penalties. 79 to 112, advantage Saints. The Saints are the more disciplined team, and thats of the utmost importance in big games.

Penalties last week were a non factor - Bears did a great job. I think Shaun Alexander is better than Duece - though not by much. Reggie will be an issue - I think we tackle well enough to handle him (though he will get his I'm sure). You guys need to take a serious look at Cedric Benson's average. Dude is a beast - hope he gets more carries!

Our D does need to step up, they know that. It's all about our front 4 getting pressure - if that happens we will be looking very good.

Penalties last week were a non factor - Bears did a great job.
So what are you trying to say? That they are due for a letdown? Sure from game to game they will have ups and downs, but the trend is for the Bears to play more undisciplined than the Saints. In a close game, that is the difference in winning and losing. See: Eagles penalty on 4th and 10.

Shaun Alexander may have been better than Deuce... No was he IS (present tense) better than Deuce. It is a short list of backs who have had a better year than Deuce. Numbers are decieving here since he shares some carries with RB. But I can only think of one back who has willed his team to victory more than our man Deuce and his initials are LT.

Benson is good, I hope he stays on the bench. But if he doesn't he will get a steady diet of Hollis Thomas. I think we will be ok. I'd rather see Thomas come get what his bro Jules got. Either way I think our D line is up to it, our front 4 is way better than Seattle and they got pressure on Rex and in the backfield for run plays. It is going to be a long day but I like our chances.

-Nebo

Chicago's defense =
9780867196573.jpg

Look out for Deuce and Karney to drag your linebackers for a few yards Sunday

Devon Hester might become a liability in this game for the Bears defense.

A return TD by Hester puts the Chicago defense on the field immediately and for more time than they would otherwise be on the field.

This is exactly what the Saints want, a tired defense trying to stop the best 4th Quarter running attack going.

As long as the game is close or the Saints are ahead the return TD's don't do Chicago any favors.

Only time a Hester TD really hurts is if the Bears have a 7 point lead and Hester returns one putting the Saints in a big hole.

I'm not saying the Saints let him break one but if he does and its still a close game after his TD then take solace in the fact that the Bears defense has to chase Reggie around a bunch more and Deuce will be better set up for a dominant 4th quarter.

If he gets a TD, not only do 7 more points go up on the board, but it's also a momentum changer. If we already have the momentum, and he returns a punt for a TD, that's trouble for the Saints. If you guys have the momentum, and he returns one, that automatically gives us the momentum. A fired up Bears defense is the last thing you want to see...when they had to step up last week, they held the Seahawks scoreless in the fourth quarter; including a couple 3rd/4th and short situations. Hester energizes the whole team...you don't want him to return anything.

I WILL BE THERE AS WELL!!!!

Make no mistake, we don't have one of the better passing attacks, we have THE best passing attack. And as far as Alexander, we have Deuce who is playing at a much higher level than Alexander AND Reggie Bush. You are fooling yourself if you think you will be able to shut down these two. Our TE's suck, so you at least don't have to worry about them, but our Wr's are very good and very underrated. We have Colston, who catches everything, Horn should be back, Henderson who is a Bernard Berrian clone and Copper who is a very good 4th WR........not to mention Reggie in the passing game all of whom have Drew Brees throwing them the ball who is leaps and bounds better than Hasselbeck! Get yourself ready for a shootout because we will score at least 28 points!

Mark my words...Reggie Bush will be a non-factor. It's up to McCallister...with the speed of our linebackers, he's not going to be able to do his little, "I can't run up the middle, I'll take it to the outside," like he did against the Eagles. Bush is not a good match for the Bears defense...Deuce McCallister is.

Last edited:
Bush will be effective but only if we mix him in with a heavy dose of Deuce and then in the 2nd half its quite possible your speed defense will be somewhat deflated and Bush becomes a major player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom