Think we're going to see much of Devery? (1 Viewer)

As of now I think Reggie is the #3 receiver.

Last week probably sealed him outa the starting #3 spot for a while. Its obvious he was already outa good graces with Payton, but now I think hes done.

When the coach finally puts you in and all you do is drop an easy 3rd down pass that would of kept a drive alive to pull within 7 points, your probably not gonna be playing much anymore.

I'm tired of hearing all this "devery stretches the field" stuff. He plays in the slot. He doesn't even run that many deep routes and when he does he just drops the ball. Colston is doing just fine "stretching the field".

In Devery's defense it seemed that we had a few others that were a bit nervous about catching the ball in front of the Ravens D. But yeah you can't keep dropping passes. The best play he's had all year was a running play. The difference between a WR and a CB is one of them can't catch. You gotta catch it before you can run with it.

Being an lsu alum and fan I would like to see more of him, if we could ever find out what's going on with him. I think he is talented and would hate to see us waste that. Copper did a good job last week though.

WHO DAT

Devery dropped a 5 yd. dump-off vs. the Ravens that would've turned into big yardage. Something he is doing in practice is not winning Payton's confidence. He looked really good in the first few games..........that's what's mind boggling.

Devery needs to earn the confidence of his QB back. Even if he's on the field Brees will try to force a pass to Colston or Horn before throwing to him.

Rumor has it that he was upset about how the Saints treated his boy, Donte. Devery needs to grow up and be more professional. Donte has his contract, he needs to get his. If he expects to remain in the NFL then he needs to produce on the field. Coach Payton is not going to baby him. Dropped passes when you're wide open won't add to your case.

Why is the board so quick to turn against Devery? First game back from injury against a great defense and he didn't have a good game. He isn't the only receiver that has dropped balls this year. Horn has also dropped some balls in critical situations. And whomever is suggesting that Copper is a #3 WR was probably saying that Hass should start at the beginning of the year. Devery is the #3 WR and I expect a big game from him vs. the Bucs.

Why is the board so quick to turn against Devery?

Probably similar to the reasons some are so quick to feel the need to defend him. Devery is a horribly inconsistent player who has, to this point, struggled to get on the field and stay there.

Why is the board so quick to turn against Devery? First game back from injury against a great defense and he didn't have a good game. He isn't the only receiver that has dropped balls this year. Horn has also dropped some balls in critical situations. And whomever is suggesting that Copper is a #3 WR was probably saying that Hass should start at the beginning of the year. Devery is the #3 WR and I expect a big game from him vs. the Bucs.

Its not his first game back from injury. A bruised shoulder doesn't keep you out 5 weeks. That shouldn't even keep you out 1 week. For whatever reason he was in Paytons doghouse and Payton finally let him out and all he does is drop a critical drive killing 1st down pass.

He reminds me of Donte. I loved Stallworth til the day he was traded but now I realize he was just a tease. I'm growing old of Devery doing the same thing.

I just don't seeing Devery being on this team next year. Just my opinion, but I think he probably looked good in camp so Payton gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to see what he could do when the real bullets were flying. Unfortunately I think he's turning into another Stallworth type player, a player who teases you with this great ability but can't seem to catch the ball consistently. I thought he was coming around but now it looks like he's back to his old ways. He's your typical Haslett type player and guy with all the measurebles but not much else.

Its not his first game back from injury. A bruised shoulder doesn't keep you out 5 weeks. That shouldn't even keep you out 1 week. For whatever reason he was in Paytons doghouse and Payton finally let him out and all he does is drop a critical drive killing 1st down pass.

He reminds me of Donte. I loved Stallworth til the day he was traded but now I realize he was just a tease. I'm growing old of Devery doing the same thing.

It was his first game back from injury. Plus, how do you know it was just a bruised shoulder? This team hasn't exactly been forthcoming with injuries. Just look at Bush's injury earlier in the year that nobody knew about and Bush was trying to play through it. Devery in Payton's doghouse? Thats a rumor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom