This coming week we face the hardest game we have faced all year (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I don't care what the record is. Pittsburgh is one heck of a team. Their biggest problem is that they commit a lot of turnovers and penalties. Still, they have loads of talent. IMHO, they are the best team in their division and that includes the Ravens. We will be facing a tough challenge this weekend.

Dude... This has been posted in some shape of fashion every week since Green bay....lol

We can win, they are a tough team but before the season started they looked tougher. If we show up like we did today, we could do it, problem is playing in Pittsburgh.

I don't care what the record is. Pittsburgh is one heck of a team. Their biggest problem is that they commit a lot of turnovers and penalties. Still, they have loads of talent. IMHO, they are the best team in their division and that includes the Ravens. We will be facing a tough challenge this weekend.

If Brees keeps playing like this you may have to change the Archie comment - while I agree with you its getting very difficult to over look Brees -- granted he needs to do this for a few years -- but

One thing is for sure, we will be getting Pittsburgh's best effort. They are going to treat this game as a life or death situation. I kinda wished they would have won yesterday.

I was really hoping they'd beat the Broncos last night ... thinking that now they'll be extra desperate.

I thought the Ravens game turned out to be a little tough. So was traveling to a desperate Carolina after a short week from the MNF game.

Hyperbole. This isn't the hardest game we've faced all year, not up to this point, and not even for the rest of the year possibly (@NY Giants anyone?)

It can't possibly include the Ravens if you're serious.

Ravens 27-0 over Tampa Bay
Ravens 28-6 over Oakland
Ravens 15-14 over Cleveland
Ravens 16-13 over San Diego
Ravens 03-13 vs. Denver
Ravens 21-23 vs. Carolina
Ravens 35-21 vs. New Orleans
Ravens 26-20 vs. Cincinnati

Steelers 28-17 over Miami
Steelers 0-9 vs. Jacksonville
Steelers 20-28 vs. Cincinnatti
Steelers 13-23 vs. San Diego
Steelers 45-3 over Kansas City
Steelers 38-41 vs. Atlanta
Steelers 13-20 vs. Oakland
Steelers 20-31 vs. Denver

Let's see, they're 2-6 and the Ravens are 6-2. Sure, they're better than the Ravens.

No.

The Steelers are a great team with excellent coaching who are getting beat down week in and week out. They present matchup problems for the Saints on both sides of the ball. However, they are not a better team than the Baltimore Ravens and it's arguable whether or not they are a better team than the Bengals.

TPS

to be honest, i am not scared of the squealers....they have played poorly for 8 weeks....i truly believe we are the better football team....it's kind of funny that we look at the saints and believe that they have improved as much as they have, yet we can't believe that a world champ could fall so low....at this point the steelers are the complete opposite of the saints....world champs to world chumps....

and with the 7th pick of 2007 draft, the pittsburgh steelers select.......

Steve, I'm not talking about records this year. The Steelers won the Superbowl last year and are getting everyone's best efforts. You also have to take into consideration that Ben has been hurt most of the early season. He is one heck of a QB too.

Oh I know. I'd never underestimate the Steelers, but they're not a better team this year than the Ravens. The Ravens will be making noise in the playoffs (not sure how far they can go with Indy/New England in the mix). I think the Steelers are much better than 2-6, and I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers open as a 1 or 2 point favorite on us.

Gotcha.

TPS

Oh I know. I'd never underestimate the Steelers, but they're not a better team this year than the Ravens. The Ravens will be making noise in the playoffs (not sure how far they can go with Indy/New England in the mix). I think the Steelers are much better than 2-6, and I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers open as a 1 or 2 point favorite on us.

Gotcha.

TPS

Agreed. Can you imagine Bucs fans suggesting they're better then the Saints because they won the division last year with virtually the same team, they just have had some QB injuries?

Talent is one thing. But the Steelers are playing very poorly right now (and the overachieved as it was last year).

I dunno if I would call this the toughest game. It will be interesting, thats for sure, and hard to predict in my mind. Pitt is one of those teams that can play lights out one week, and bottom of the barrel the next. They do have gobs of talent and the human lawn sprinkler genius of a coach. I do count on one thing at least. Every week they give up 1-2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I'm hoping that trend continues. :hihi:

We are better than the Steelers, but we are also playing a proud team that is backed into a corner. Oh yea, we're on the road too. This isn't going to be easy, but we need to play smart football and take the croud out of it quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom