"Those people in New Orleans are nuts" - Bill Vinovich's father (article from USA Today) (1 Viewer)

I remember when Ed Hochuli blew a call. It was bad. Cost the Chargers the game.

He not only owned it publicly, he personally replied with letters of apology to every Chargers fan that e-mailed/wrote him.

While feelings about Hochuli are mixed, at least he was an honest official.

If vinovich was on fire, I'd get marshmellows and make s'mores.

If that call would have happened to any other team in the league...it would have resulted in an identical fan response. It was a horrible call, and passionate fans will be irate.

He's lucky it didn't happen in Philly.

If that call would have happened to any other team in the league...it would have resulted in an identical fan response. It was a horrible call, and passionate fans will be irate.
It’s not football, but I think an umpire blew a call that cost the Reds a championship in the 80s. The fan reaction was worse.

2. His job is to watch the QB through the throw and the aftermath, for roughing the passer, so maybe he didn't see it (which I doubt, based on still-frame pictures I still have on my phone). So what was he looking at when Fowler hit Brees in the head with both hands on the INT in overtime?

This is often missed in the "no-call" discussion. Vinovich missed an obvious penalty right in front of him, and didn't call it. It directly led to a turnover, and the Saints had the game stolen from them--twice.

Its deserved, the backlash has merit. Those old refs need to be weeded out. Quit holding up jobs for younger folks.

Also, it's pretty easy to find out where this guy lives, I did it in about 45 seconds on Google. If we were such bad people, we'd have sent nasty stuff to his house and found ways to hound his family on social media.

His daddy the retired referee snowflake can go spit.

"I personally have not seen the play.’’
Image result for ok sure gif

Even.... even if the PI was bang-bang, TLL got hit so hard in the head he was lifted off his feet and landed 6 yards away and out of bounds. They missed PI and, IMO, an even worse personal foul on the same same play. So even if they were letting them play on PI calls, they shouldn't be allowing players to get hurt. TLL should have stayed on the ground instead of getting up so fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom