Tiki goes off on "idiots"...names included

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2639376

Tiki Barber blasted critics of his retirement decision on his Tuesday night Sirius Satellite Radio show, "The Barber Shop."

"...I will call them idiots, because they have neither spoken to me, nor any one of my teammates or any of my coaches," Barber said. "Yet all they do is criticize me for being a distraction with this retirement thing."

Saintlybum

baaaa humbug
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Typical reporting crap from the talking heads. We should know by now if something is not a story they will make it one.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
Tiki's quote:
"That includes the ultimate character guy, facetiously speaking of course, Michael Irvin. Please get a clue on how to be a journalist."

Thats hilarious.

Banned #6
Ratings
If anything, I think the Giants have been playing BETTER since Tiki announced this was his "swan song"... I'm glad he let those morons have it. I'm just a little disappointed he didn't throw Theisman under the bus too.

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Good for Tiki. He's staying true to himself, and critics be damned.

I'm totally going to buy one of his lamps or whatever, as soon as he announces a deal with Target. Anyone cutting on Irvin like that deserves my support.

Ratings
must be a new rule in the NFL..a player isn't allowed to retire until either he is crippled or everyone else says he can. i think its a good decision by Tiki Barber. I'm glad he knows what he wants, and will go through what he has planned for the future.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Regardless of when or why he retires, good for him for sticking to his principles and not doing something he doesn't want to continue doing.

Ratings
I believe Tiki wanted his retirement to be a secret, it was the media that leaked the story. If anything, Irving is the distraction. Tiki has just gone in and done his normal thing.

Ratings
There were reports last year that he was likely going to retire in a season or two. I don't see why all of a sudden in two weeks this has become such a huge story. Apperently it finally struck a nerve. He seems to be very intelligent and if he feels it's time for a carrer change then he should do it. I read his ultimate goal is to be a host on the Today Show on NBC. Wouldn't surprise me if one day he achived it.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
There were reports last year that he was likely going to retire in a season or two. I don't see why all of a sudden in two weeks this has become such a huge story. Apperently it finally struck a nerve. He seems to be very intelligent and if he feels it's time for a carrer change then he should do it. I read his ultimate goal is to be a host on the Today Show on NBC. Wouldn't surprise me if one day he achived it.
+1. He is a truly good guy and will likely achieve whatever goal he decides to go after.

Bishop

Shuffle-by Poster
Ratings
I'm glad for Tiki. He's going out healthy & respected, while being able to enjoy a secure future. I assumed he would be the sports guy, but he was discussing global events on the news show I saw him on. He shouldnt care what anyone feels about whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom