TIL: Today I Learned... (4 Viewers)

Mostly bc I hear my wife tell it to my son every time we see Mads on screen
(She will point out any and every ‘began training as a dancer’ actor there is)
Ah, very cool!

But it makes sense - you can start developing applicable performer skill as a dancer early (5yr old?) - applicable actor training doesn’t really kick in until high school usually
Oh, I certainly see the general performing connection. Just curious, do you know of anything he's been in where his dancing/gymnastics background would have been more evident? I mean, Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing was, Ah, of course.

Mostly bc I hear my wife tell it to my son every time we see Mads on screen
(She will point out any and every ‘began training as a dancer’ actor there is)

But it makes sense - you can start developing applicable performer skill as a dancer early (5yr old?) - applicable actor training doesn’t really kick in until high school usually
til that mads mikkelsen trained as a gymnast and then a ballet dancer which is how he met his choreographer wife before becoming an actor.

did you know that @guidomerkinsrules ?

Ah, very cool!

Oh, I certainly see the general performing connection. Just curious, do you know of anything he's been in where his dancing/gymnastics background would have been more evident? I mean, Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing was, Ah, of course.
One important, but understated skill in screen acting, is muscle memory/remembering where/what you were doing
A scene is going to have multiple takes and the director/editor prefer if you repeat your actions as precisely as possible each time without losing expression or energy level
So dancers, gymnasts, et al have the physical training for that - but also the emotional training not to get bored out of your gourd repeating the same dang thing over and over

One important, but understated skill in screen acting, is muscle memory/remembering where/what you were doing
A scene is going to have multiple takes and the director/editor prefer if you repeat your actions as precisely as possible each time without losing expression or energy level
So dancers, gymnasts, et al have the physical training for that - but also the emotional training not to get bored out of your gourd repeating the same dang thing over and over
Is that the answer to the question I asked, though?

If they want you to do it exactly the same way, then why reshoot it?

If they want you to do it exactly the same way, then why reshoot it?
fir a 2 person scene, you’ll have 3 basic setups: ‘coverage’ which captures both characters, then pov fir each character
But you’ll also have maybe 3-5 additional cameras capturing different frames
So you’re going to shoot any scene 3 times - coverage and 2 povs
Each of those shoots might have 3-5 takes for any number of reasons (forgot lines, extras did something weird, didn’t ‘quite’ get the acting right

So when that scene gets to editing, the editor has maybe 20-40 versions of the same thing
If both actors perform the same actions throughout, it makes it much easier to edit

TIL... That the most common cause of testicular damage in the U.S. is due to gun shot.

1000000709.png

TIL... That the most common cause of testicular damage in the U.S. is due to gun shot.

1000000709.png
That fits so well I’m not even sure it can be seen as ironic

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom