Timothy Michael Poe’s explosive tale on ‘America’s Got Talent’ didn’t happen: Minnesota Army National Guard (3 Viewers)

I'll let all the military guys on here tear into this guy. Y'all seem to be doing a good enough job. I'll just say that he's an idiot if he thought that he was going to lie about something like that and that the truth wouldn't come out 10 minutes after the show aired. Especially having served in Afghanistan for only a month.

AGT should do some fact checking though before they air military stories like that. It seems like it's easy enough to look into.

Hmmm. He swayed the opinion of the judges with (I'm guessing) a phony stutter, and a tale of woe that never happened.

Fraud charges, anyone?

He is an adequate singer and would probably have made the next level without having to lie. However, because he was caught in the lie, he is very unlikely to go further. The photo he used in the film was not even him.

Something just didn't sound right to me when he said he tried to protect the other troops around him when the granade exploded. That type of action would have gotten him the silver star at least.

Stealing military accomplishments and/or wearing awards not earned is a very serious offense in the military. The Chief of Naval Operations (Adm Boorda) even committed suicide because it was brought into question whether the combat V was an authorized award on one of his medals. That was a complete waste as the V was in fact legit.

I've seen a Navy Captain kicked out of the military for wearing awards he was not entitle to wear. I've seen people go so far as to wear the Medal of Honor who were never even in the military. I have heard many (too many) people claim to be Navy Seals who could not possibly have been. My daughter even dated a guy who claimed to be a Seal until I called him on it.

I don't care how good a singer he may be, I would not let him go further into the show. Just my opinion. I am a retired Naval officer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom