Timothy Michael Poe’s explosive tale on ‘America’s Got Talent’ didn’t happen: Minnesota Army National Guard (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Timothy Michael Poe

I've got a few things in common with this gentleman -- I will wait to pass judgement -- I hope he was being truthful. Most wounded soldiers are humble enough to not advertise it in this manner -- just sayin'

“There was a guy who come up with a rocket-propelled grenade,” he said. “I saw it coming down, and by the time I turned and went to jump on top of my guys, I yelled ‘grenade’ and the blast had hit me.”

Does this guy even know what an RPG is? It's a freaking rocket. You don't yell grenade, or "see it coming down" or "jump on top of your guys".

That makes absolutely no sense.

FYI, when a grenade-like explosive is strapped to the end of a rocket (a rocket-propelled grenade), you react to it as a rocket, not a grenade

I have never seen someone react to an RPG by yelling grenade.

If it is "coming down on you" then we're talking 20-30 feet away, tops, since it would have to be from the top of a nearby building, and most buildings don't top 3 stories in Iraq or Afghanistan

In that case, you wouldn't yell or jump on top of anyone - you would barely have time to flinch

The story's garbage from start to finish. Not only do I believe it's a lie, I seriously doubt this guy has ever even seen an RPG fired.

FYI, when a grenade-like explosive is strapped to the end of a rocket (a rocket-propelled grenade), you react to it as a rocket, not a grenade

If it is "coming down on you" then we're talking 20-30 feet away, tops, since it would have to be from the top of a nearby building, and most buildings don't top 3 stories in Iraq or Afghanistan

In that case, you wouldn't yell or jump on top of anyone - you would barely have time to flinch

The story's garbage from start to finish. Not only do I believe it's a lie, I seriously doubt this guy has ever even seen an RPG fired.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

This is not a grenade

6306.jpg

Him saying he saw someone fire it already cancelled it out in my book

Now it sounds like everyone in his unit, including his squad leader is saying he's lying. He needs to have whatever action is taken against people who misrepresent military service -- and if the people at AGT knew it or encouraged him to embellish his story, they need to be rooted out and fired...and I'd like to know what Howie Mandel knew it all.

What a piece of work. How stupid must you be to go on national televison and lie about something that so many people know is untrue. Whatever country singing career he had dreams of is over now.

He didn't have a singing career -- he's nothng special and he's not even as good as me.

I don't understand why someone would lie like this at any time, but to go on NATIONAL TV and lie and expect to get away with it....SMH

No, he won America's Got Taint and nobody came in 2nd.

An NBC spokeswoman said the network and Poe had no comment, according to AP. That didn't stop Stern from discussing it on his SiriusXM satellite radio show.

“You could be the most ****** [mod edit: no veiled profanity, even in a quote ~ primadox] up liar on the planet, but you never lie about your military service," he said, angrily. "This lie is so wrong on so many levels...This really sickens me."

THIS ^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
What a piece of work. They should make him give a public (on-air) apology and then tell him he is off the show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom