To Do List (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1. I'm not real sure about this hire but I'm going to act super pumped about it anyway around family, friends, and co-workers.

2. I'm going to google Rob Ryan a lot and find cool stories about how he's actually a good guy and one of the greatest defensive minds of his generation.

3. I'm going to start referring to him as the Sean Payton of defense who just needed a better offense to have success.

4. I'm going to let everyone know why he grows his hair out so long. He cuts it off and gives it to Locks of Love for kids who've lost theirs due to cancer. I guess the kids don't mind that his is grey? They probably dye it right?

5. I'm going to remind people of the last coach we got from Dallas.

6. I'm going to make up a cool story about why he was really fired from Dallas. Something like, "Most people don't know this but he was fired because he challenged Tony Romo to a duel over a woman."

7. I'm going to tell people that Rob Ryan will make sure we draft studs on defense. Then on draft day we will use our first rounder on an OT and proceed to draft unknown offensive players.

Oh I'm excited about the scheme changes and the possibility of bringing in better defensive assistants. And I don't hate the Rob Ryan hire but like most I just don't know about it yet. Basically I just haven't forced myself to fall in love with the hire yet.

Oh I'm excited about the scheme changes and the possibility of bringing in better defensive assistants. And I don't hate the Rob Ryan hire but like most I just don't know about it yet. Basically I just haven't forced myself to fall in love with the hire yet.

Not sure how I feel about it either. Not excited, but not disappointed. Here's what I'm going to tell myself, though: he coached the cowboys defense to a #19 ranking, despite the numerous injuries to starters...most for extended periods, including season ending. basically, he coached the cowboys 2nd-string defense to a #19 ranking while spags was coaching a defense of mostly 1st & 2nd rounders to the worst ranking in NFL history. Not just the 32nd ranked defense...the WORST defense in the HISTORY of the NFL.

If Ryan can make the Saints the #19 defense, we're probably hoisting the Lombardi again!

Regardless, he's a Saint now...therefore, I love him! Welcome aboard Coach Ryan!

we need to draft a corner now that rob ryan is DC, he play man coverage and you need really good ones

He's a smart coach. He's unorthodox and he's kind of cooky

I like the hire. I think last year we jumped the gun hiring the hot commodity before we could make a rational hire

Ryan is looking for a place with more stability and now he's found an offensive mind with as much creativity as he has on defense

Ryan isn't my favorite choice...I'd rather have crennel or mangini but he's most definitely not a poor choice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom