To snip....or not to snip? THAT is the question! (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
I have a new suit that I bought because this Saturday I'll be the "Father of the Bride". Our 22 year old daughter is our only "child" so I am wanting to play my role in the day in a manner that doesn't disappoint her.
Here's an online article and then I'll continue my OP dialogue...
I've learned that the companies that make men's suits sell them with all the pockets sewn because it looks crisp and even and good that way. Yet I might want some of the pockets to be usable? I'm the type of guy who always has on him my cell phone and my car keys. I will also want "on my person" my notecards that I can glance at even though my Father of the Bride speech is almost memorized.
So there you go....my OP question is : "To snip or nor to snip?" (the suit's pockets)

Last edited:
Same same. I even had to read the post a couple times because I was like getting real confused and possibly concerned.
I was not done and then my wife announced that dinner was ready.
Having finished what she lovingly prepared, I came back to finalize my OP.
I regret that anyone saw it before it was done.
Now you can look back at what I've posted and hopefully it is clear.

Turn your phone off and stick it in your back pocket, put your house key and car key in your front pocket, put your notes in the inside pocket of your jacket.

Turn your phone off and stick it in your back pocket, put your house key and car key in your front pocket, put your notes in the inside pocket of your jacket.
Great suggestion. If I wear the suit in some future month ( to church or to someone else's wedding) I could make more pockets usable....but for my daughter's wedding I like your suggestion @Sailorsaint

I wouldn't snip. It was good you waited until you knew how the first one was going to go. She's getting married at age 22 so I guess it went well. If you don't snip, now you can go for No. 2.

200w.gif

I have already decided to only use the pants pockets and the jacket's inner pocket. Everything else CAN stay as it is for the wedding. Months beyond the wedding I might do some snipping. I think I am done here. Good night everyone. šŸ˜“

I usually don't snip and fiddle with them until they come loose on their own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom