Question To the draft BPA crowd, was Bresee BPA? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Or did the team take the best DT they felt was on the board, as the position is/was so thin?

I don’t feel he was BPA but I certainly understand the pick. Welcome to New Orleans Mr. Bresee, here’s to hoping you have a great career.

What did your scouting team say when you sat down to discuss it with them?
I’m just going off most scouting reports and the eye test. I appreciate the snide comment tho, it’s par for the course. Just trying to discuss the team’s move, on a website about the team. 😊

Why are we here and why is the website here if not to discuss the team? Why support the site?

I’m just going off most scouting reports and the eye test. I appreciate the snide comment tho, it’s par for the course. Just trying to discuss the team’s move, on a website about the team. 😊

Why are we here and why is the website here is not to discuss the team? Why support the site?
Apologies, I deleted it after re-reading it.

Unfortunately, not fast enough.

Apologies, I deleted it after re-reading it.

Unfortunately, not fast enough.
No worries. I don’t take it personally. Just always curious why folks are so condescending all the time now? I’m just trying to talk about the team I’ve loved for all my life. Been here since 97, it used to be the best place to talk about our team, idk anymore. Genuinely don’t understand why the board is here if not supposed to talk about the team. We won’t always agree, I only hope we can try and be civil in our disagreements.

Anyhow, as stated in OP, I don’t think he was BPA there but I do think he may have been BPA at position of most need. That’s why I was curious what others felt in that regard.

Who Dat. 😊

No worries. I don’t take it personally. Just always curious why folks are so condescending all the time now? I’m just trying to talk about the team I’ve loved for all my life. Been here since 97, it used to be the best place to talk about our team, idk anymore. Genuinely don’t understand why the board is here if not supposed to talk about the team. We won’t always agree, I only hope we can try and be civil in our disagreements.

Who Dat. 😊
I read it wrong and reacted too quickly.

I don't know. The only ones who know the answer to that are the people in the Saints war room. Other than that, it's just guessing based on what other people have ranked the player.

I would say that it looks like a reasonably fortunate alignment of value and need in this pick.

I don't know. The only ones who know the answer to that are the people in the Saints war room. Other than that, it's just guessing based on what other people have ranked the player.

I would say that it looks like a reasonably fortunate alignment of value and need in this pick.
I get that. They’re the only ones who ever know, just fun to talk about imo. Purpose of the board. I think. Lol

Even tho I’m not a fan of the pick I 💯 understand why it was made. Dline is by far the biggest hole on the roster imo. I love his versatility, that’s a plus for sure.

Anyhow, as stated in OP, I don’t think he was BPA there but I do think he may have been BPA at position of most need. That’s why I was curious what others felt in that regard.

Who Dat. 😊
I personally wanted a DT or DE. And even though many predicted we would pick Breese, I was hoping for someone without an injury history.

But, he's a Saint and I'll support him 100%. Hopefully, we guessed right.

I get that. They’re the only ones who ever know, just fun to talk about imo. Purpose of the board. I think. Lol

Even tho I’m not a fan of the pick I 💯 understand why it was made. Dline is by far the biggest hole on the roster imo.
Fair.

For the purposes of discussion, to turn the question around slightly, do you believe the saints war room had other specific players ranked more highly, or in a higher cloud, than Bresee, and if so, who and why?

I personally wanted a DT or DE. And even though many predicted we would pick Breese, I was hoping for someone without an injury history.

But, he's a Saint and I'll support him 100%. Hopefully, we guessed right.
💯 agree on both fronts. I watched a highlight tape and he does wreak havoc at times, it was encouraging to see.

Fair.

For the purposes of discussion, to turn the question around slightly, do you believe the saints war room had other specific players ranked more highly, or in a higher cloud, than Bresee, and if so, who and why?
Good Q, ty.

I’m of the belief that the team is thin all over (agree with Underhill on that). Given the team’s propensity to draft high RAS guys I don’t think they had Mayer as high as many boards….he’d have been one I’d have wanted if not going d-line.

I also may have taken a flyer on Levis, as I’m not as high on Carr as most. Liked the young man chosen by KC more than Bresee, personally, as well.

I do think they had a couple guys in the cloud there (DA even said so in his presser), think they went with positional value, and I really do get that. After sleeping on it I’m less upset as I 💯 believe it is/was our thinnest position on the team.

I’m not a fan of DA as a head coach but I have full respect for him as a defensive guy, so that also makes me trust the pick a bit more.
I’m just genuinely curious if folks think he was BPA.

Either way I hope the young man excels and has a great career!

Last edited:
Good Q, ty.

I’m of the belief that the team is thin all over (agree with Underhill on that). Given the team’s propensity to draft high RAS guys I don’t think they had Mayer as high as many boards….he’d have been one I’d have wanted if not going d-line.

I also may have taken a flyer on Levis, as I’m not as high on Carr as most. Liked the young man chosen by KC more than Bresee, personally, as well.

I do think they had a couple guys in the cloud there (DA even said so in his presser), think they went with positional value, and I really do get that. After sleeping on it I’m less upset as I 💯 believe it is/was our thinnest position on the team.

I’m not a fan of DA as a head coach but I have full respect for him as a defensive guy, so that also makes me trust the pick a bit more.

Either way I hope the young man excels and has a great career!
I just think about the war room I guess. When the pick is in nearly immediately, you know that there was nearly complete consensus and there was little consideration for moving down. I think there was a little time left on the clock (2mins?) but clearly the team took some time. Many things you could read into that (maybe Mickey was caught short and was in the toilet) but probably it was a combination of seeing a couple of prospects with similar grades, or the quandary of a slightly higher graded prospect but in a position of less/little need, and/or working through the potentials for moving down and weighing of the values there.

Bearing in mind I have no idea what the saints board looked like, I suspect White, Sanders, Porter, Branch, Mayer, Torrence and Levis came in to the conversation. It's basic logic that Bresee was the highest rated DT remaining. I don't think any of those players is clearly above Bresee to me and likely only DE (or LB/OG) is close an equivalent need.

Also, no team really picks purely BPA, always combo of BPA and need, with admittedly different weightings given to each by individual teams.

If he can stay healthy he'd be an absolute force in the interior D-line. IF he can stay healthy and that's a big IF when you know his collegiate career. When he's at 100 % I do think he could be a young Ndamokung Suh. I don't think he was the BPA on the Saints board - could have been Mayer IMO - but they had to take him cause we're extremely thin at that position. I love the pick when it turns out that he's healthy, I hate the pick if he'll have the same problems staying healthy as in college. Whatever ... it's hard not to root for this guy. He's been through a lot of sh**. Can't even imagine what it must have been like to watch his sister fight for 18 months and still have to stand at her funeral. F*** cancer!

If he can stay healthy he'd be an absolute force in the interior D-line. IF he can stay healthy and that's a big IF when you know his collegiate career. When he's at 100 % I do think he could be a young Ndamokung Suh. I don't think he was the BPA on the Saints board - could have been Mayer IMO - but they had to take him cause we're extremely thin at that position. I love the pick when it turns out that he's healthy, I hate the pick if he'll have the some problems staying healthy as in college. Whatever ... it's hard not to root for this guy. He's been through a lot of sh**. Can't even imagine what it must have been like to watch his sister fight for 18 months and still have to stand at her funeral. F*** cancer!

We don't even know if Mayer is on their board with his RAS. Moreau is a RAS'd up Mayer with NFL experience who all things are pointing to them signing him once he beats cancer himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom