Question To the draft BPA crowd, was Bresee BPA? (1 Viewer)

Honestly, I’m my personal opinion, had Bresee not went through the struggles he had gone through the last 2 years, I believe he would have easily been a top 10 prospect. I mean, dudes that size w/that twitch, agility, & power combination are rare. Bresee is one of those prospects that you can’t judge by his stat numbers. Seriously, really watch how Clemson used him. Or more specifically, MISUSED HIM.

Bresee was all over the place. They deployed him at times as a stand up rush LB, both from the inside & the outs. He played in multiple fronts from the wide 9, to 5T, & to NT, on top of his natural 3T. I think it’s great that he had that type of versatility, & I understand Clemson trying to max out one of, if not their best DLineman, but pay close attention to when they lined him up specifically at 3T inside over OGs.

Watch his pressure snaps vs the pass from inside (which is where I see us lining him up at the most). That dude is a rampaging speed to power beast! That interior pressure is legit guys! Sure, he can refine his overall game, but as a pass rusher Bresee is pro ready to hunt QBs out the gate. That’s exactly what we need & got at 29. Bresee is a 3T, & should exclusively play at 3T, cause he’s a true monster at that position.

It’s fine to harp on his injury history, I mean, they’re real & def a concern. It’s worrisome, but that’s like the only real issue. If Bresee can stay healthy, his best football is in front of him. He’s def got that better pro than college player look to him. W/a pro training staff, mentors like Captain Cam, DD, Honey Badger & a D minded coach like DA, skies the limit for Bresee. We all may not see that now, but I think in a few years, Bresee’s gonna be one of our leaders on D.

I personally wanted a DT or DE. And even though many predicted we would pick Breese, I was hoping for someone without an injury history.

But, he's a Saint and I'll support him 100%. Hopefully, we guessed right.
I don't think his injury history is what it's made out to be.
Out of 3 seasons at Clemson, the least amount of games played was his sophomore season.
His freshman and junior years he played nearly all of both seasons.

Screenshot_20230428-004107_Chrome.jpg

I think Porter, Jr. and Bresee were even as BPA. So what happens when you've got two guys rated equally, but one is at a position of need? You take the guy at the position of need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom