Too Much Concern Over Whom We Play (1 Viewer)

Correct me if I’m wrong but to be Super Bowl Champions then you have to be the best. I don’t want to get to a Super Bowl title by playing subpar teams. I would prefer that we beat the best teams playing right now, then there can be no question who is the Champion. If we aren’t the best then we don’t belong in the Super Bowl.

Correct me if I’m wrong but to be Super Bowl Champions then you have to be the best. I don’t want to get to a Super Bowl title by playing subpar teams. I would prefer that we beat the best teams playing right now, then there can be no question who is the Champion. If we aren’t the best then we don’t belong in the Super Bowl.

Then we should be playing the Cowboys by that logic and yes your are wrong sorry, You beat teams you should beat by being a Super Bowl Champion that is why you are a Super Bowl Champion and no one is going to question you. The only game that is questioned now is the deflate gate game with the Patriots.

I agree. We are having a great season yet half of what you see on SR report are gripes about the officials and bad calls, conspiracy theories, I’m nervous, I scared and I’m concerned while at the same time pointing fingers at other team fans who do the same thing.

The other teams have guys. We have guys, too. Guys who know how to win by brute force, force of will and by pulling victories out of their butts when necessary. They aren’t perfect but they are ours. I’m proud of them and I have plenty of reasons to believe in them.

Yes, it’s our nature to worry. Maybe we need to practice our swagger.

Agreed .... I almost started a post but then decided that another complaint thread is probably pointless.

I get it that every game should be tough in the playoffs... and its ok to be nervous ... but it is kind of embarrassing the amount of posts regarding why we might lose blah blah. It's almost like 'being right' will soften the blow of a loss?

NO TEAM in the league WANTS to face the Saints right now. It's a little silly that the overwhelming feeling is fear of losing instead of confidence and optimism for WINNING.

WE GOT THIS. WHO DAT.

Then we should be playing the Cowboys by that logic and yes your are wrong sorry, You beat teams you should beat by being a Super Bowl Champion that is why you are a Super Bowl Champion and no one is going to question you. The only game that is questioned now is the deflate gate game with the Patriots.
You totally misunderstood my point. This weekend a Cowboys fan asked who would I prefer we play to take the easiest route to the Super Bowl, I told him that I prefer we play the toughest opponents on the way that way no one can say if you had played so and so you would have never made it. We may still get the Cowboys and I hope we do. We don’t get to choose who we play, we can only play the next team up. My point is too many fans in this forum seem to be doubting and forgetting how we got here and all of a sudden don’t want to see our Saints play any of the teams that made the playoffs because somehow overnight they believe that everyone else is better than us. I still believe we are the best team in the playoffs in either the NFC or AFC and we will once again be Champions when it’s all said and done. It just seems like every time I open a thread the sky is falling, start believing and get back your confidence and quit listening to the talking heads in the media. Their point of view is always skewed to get people talking about what they said. I know what I saw in this team this year and nothing the media says about this team can change that.

My only concern is the offensive line. They where really nicked up at the end of the season. I'm sure these 2 weeks off have helped. Other than that, I say the Saints will have a nice march to the Super Bowl. Ready to enjoy the ride!

My only concern is the offensive line. They where really nicked up at the end of the season. I'm sure these 2 weeks off have helped. Other than that, I say the Saints will have a nice march to the Super Bowl. Ready to enjoy the ride!

If the O-line returns healthy with Armstead at 75% plus, this team will walk through the playoffs. There' a reason guys like Coach Pete stress that we are the most complete team in the league. This year, we have all realized that the #2 MVP on this team is the offensive line. If Brees has time to throw in a the Dome, it's over.

Saints are the most complete team in the playoffs. The pass defense gets the most attention as the weakest area, but it's not a talent issue and a lot of what Apple was called for in the regular season is just playoff football this time of year.

I've learned never to take "expert" predictions seriously. The NFL postseason is a one game tournament. The best team can have an off day. The lesser team can play great. This is a league where the 17 point underdog Bills anihalated Minny on the road. This is a sport that has seen the unbeatable 01 Rams lose to the Patriots. One that has seen the perfect Pats fall to the unperfect Giants in the SB. In the end, every team presents different challenges. Predictions are based off of what we've seen. They don't account for the "variables" or " Any give Sunday" mantra.

I've said this before, if our oline is healthy, we steamroll whomever it is. With couple?? On oline, any of them can make us look silly.

I totally agree - the health of our o-line is THE factor - and how we play is THE question (not whom we play).

On the other hand - there are only so many things to discuss with such a critical game a week away. If I don't talk about SOMETHING my head might explode.

You totally misunderstood my point. This weekend a Cowboys fan asked who would I prefer we play to take the easiest route to the Super Bowl, I told him that I prefer we play the toughest opponents on the way that way no one can say if you had played so and so you would have never made it. We may still get the Cowboys and I hope we do. We don’t get to choose who we play, we can only play the next team up. My point is too many fans in this forum seem to be doubting and forgetting how we got here and all of a sudden don’t want to see our Saints play any of the teams that made the playoffs because somehow overnight they believe that everyone else is better than us. I still believe we are the best team in the playoffs in either the NFC or AFC and we will once again be Champions when it’s all said and done. It just seems like every time I open a thread the sky is falling, start believing and get back your confidence and quit listening to the talking heads in the media. Their point of view is always skewed to get people talking about what they said. I know what I saw in this team this year and nothing the media says about this team can change that.

I don't think anyone is doubting the Saints, this is the playoffs the Saints can easily lose just as they can easily win. And we need an our A game to win the next 3 no matter the opponent. And no I don't listen to the media they along with the MSM are a bunch of morons. And they are already talking about that damn game in week a 11 with the Eagles. And TBH we got our arses handed to us in 2013 on Monday Night Football by the Seahawks and played them again in the playoffs and still lost.

In any case, regardless who we play, there's no easy route to the SB. Every team can beat every other team any given week. This is one of the tougher playoff brackets in recent memory. Every team had significant momentum heading into the postseason. It's true we matchup better against some teams and less so against others, but there's no way any real fan can argue that getting to this year's SB a fluke.

Debating what our best Matchups are is healthy and normal. It's part of what makes us fans. I think we match up better with the Eagles and Cowboys for the road to the big game, but we could handle any of them imo.

Dallas, Seattle, Philadelphia. Which team we were going to play doesn't really matter--at least not compared to how well the Saints are going to play.

I understand that each of the three teams we could have played presented somewhat different challenges because each had different strengths and weaknesses. But none of these three teams (though Dallas is overall the most talented of the three) would have been as challenging as, say, the Chargers or Kansas City or even the Rams.

The Eagles are a one-dimensional football team. Two good fronts, very good receivers, and a quarterback who is non-elite but who seems to play his best in big games and is capable of playing like an elite quarterback (though there are 25 other quarterbacks in the league who on a given Sunday can play like an elite quarterback). The Eagles do not have a good running game, and I am not impressed by their back seven on defense, especially their secondary. The Eagles can win on Sunday--at the divisional-playoff round level, every team is good enough to win a divisional playoff game. But the Eagles are not likely to win on Sunday if the Saints play as they can play and like a team that has legitimate Super Bowl expectations.

For me, the question has been not which team we were going to play, but how well the Saints are going to play, which in large part depends on the health of our offensive line. If the offensive line is relatively healthy and we play as we have played, we will win--and the game, though not an easy one, should not come down to a last-minute field goal. If we are missing starters in our offensive line, we are not a Super Bowl team because our offense depends on an offensive line that is proficient at both pass-protection and run-blocking.

Agreed and many of us have stated this about the O line. If our line is healthy we are simply superior to all teams in the league imo.

If our line is not healthy we fall off dramatically and things get way more interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom