Top Available FAs (1 Viewer)

Peat: Returns familiar to team where he could possibly be a starter at LT or LG but more likely gives solid depth to both positions.

Simmons: Instant upgrade over Maye who's no longer here. Market has been cold for Simmons to this point but he still has it. A 1 year prove it deal would work.

Unless the Saints restructure a few contracts they won't have the cap space to sign more than one or two of these type players to value contracts. Another avenue is to trade away a player such as Lattimore post June 1st which would free up about 15M that could put the Saints on a shopping spree of what players remain thereafter.

Not sure why we don't bring Cam Ervin back. A former first rounder and thought he played well for us last year. Maybe not a zone OT?

Give me Justin Simmons, David Bakhtiari, a WR, and a few D linemen. I'm easy to please.
When Bakhtiari is healthy he is a great tackle, but the last few years knee injuries have been costing him games. I'm curious what his asking price is, because nobody is giving away big money for a tackle with bad knees.

When Bakhtiari is healthy he is a great tackle, but the last few years knee injuries have been costing him games. I'm curious what his asking price is, because nobody is giving away big money for a tackle with bad knees.
Apparently, he doesn't want to sign somewhere that plays on synthetic turf due to his knees. He would probably be a Jet if that wasn't the case.

Peat: Returns familiar to team where he could possibly be a starter at LT or LG but more likely gives solid depth to both positions.

Simmons: Instant upgrade over Maye who's no longer here. Market has been cold for Simmons to this point but he still has it. A 1 year prove it deal would work.

Unless the Saints restructure a few contracts they won't have the cap space to sign more than one or two of these type players to value contracts. Another avenue is to trade away a player such as Lattimore post June 1st which would free up about 15M that could put the Saints on a shopping spree of what players remain thereafter.

I'd like Simmons, but Simmons might be smart to wait for training camp. A vet starter could get hurt and then he can step in on a better contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom