Saints signed OL veterans LG Shane Lemieux and LT Justin Herron (1 Viewer)

yeah, i wonder why threy're getting rid of peat. he must be going to denver
It looks like the Saints don’t want to spend in 5M+ range with 8.3M cap space and committed to developing Penning at LT. They’re getting a couple vet minimum vets who has some starter experience but injury history too.

Peat might have outplayed the Saints spending range after he did really well at LT last year.

It looks like the Saints don’t want to spend in 5M+ range with 8.3M cap space and committed to developing Penning at LT. They’re getting a couple vet minimum vets who has some starter experience but injury history too.

Peat probably outplayed the Saints spending range after he did really well at LT last year.
You would think if that was the case, he would have been signed already. I would bet he ends up in Denver.

Guess Peat is not in the plan.

Old, injury history, never put anything on tape to truly stand out after 2018. At this point I don't think anyone can say he brings anything to the table that any other journeyman OL wouldn't have. The entire offense is changed, so it isn't like he'd be useful as a veteran mentor teaching new guys the offense either.

Old, injury history, never put anything on tape to truly stand out after 2018. At this point I don't think anyone can say he brings anything to the table that any other journeyman OL wouldn't have. The entire offense is changed, so it isn't like he'd be useful as a veteran mentor teaching new guys the offense either.
1714432263550.gif

This spoke to my soul

You would think if that was the case, he would have been signed already. I would bet he ends up in Denver.
Also possible team(s) were waiting until this week so it wouldn't mess with their compensatory pick formula and after the draft when they have a better idea of their needs. Many teams could use a player like Peat. Wherever he goes he'll at least have a chance to compete for a starting spot, I don't know if that's Denver.

I think these two signings put the roster at 90+1 (English kicker excluded), any new signings now will come with the release of another player. I still think they add a veteran safety at some point, still have a few options out there.

I agree, Peat is an unreliable older journeyman. Let’s get better going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom