Saints signed OL veterans LG Shane Lemieux and LT Justin Herron (2 Viewers)

Lemieux and Harron are good depth signings, but if they are starting we still have problems. Hopefully some of the younger guys are performing and these guys are just there to push them/add depth. Still, this makes me feel like the FO is not ignoring the offensive line problem and is getting enough bodies that there will be some cream that rises to the top.

Ship sailed on Peat when Saints decided to eat the dead money cap hit. That dead charge now, plus a 2024 salary is too much cap space allocation for Peat.

He gone.
Irrelevant whether it is him or another player. It could even be that he does not fit the blocking scheme Kubiak wants to run.

AMDG? Is he Jesuit affiliated?

I wondered the same thing. Bentley went to St. Ignatious High School in Cleveland which I would bet is a Jesuit School given St. Ignatious. Then there is the obvious New Orleans connection with Jesuit which may have reinforced his Jesuit upbringing.

But, despite him having a Jesuit education, I always thought Bentley was a stand up guy. :)

Irrelevant whether it is him or another player. It could even be that he does not fit the blocking scheme Kubiak wants to run.

I've heard speculation that Peat no longer moves well enough to fit the wide zone blocking scheme. I have some hope that a better option at LT shakes free closer to camp or after final cuts. I'd like Penning to win the job, but I don't like the idea of counting on him to suddenly put it all together.

AMDG? Is he Jesuit affiliated?
From their website:

The AMDG abbreviation stands for the latin motto Ad Majorem Dei Gloria. The Latin motto phrase stands for "For the Greater Glory of God".

Also from their website:

AMDG Sports is the world’s first sports agency fully dedicated to the
representation of offensive line athletes.

That's pretty cool.

I wondered the same thing. Bentley went to St. Ignatious High School in Cleveland which I would bet is a Jesuit School given St. Ignatious. Then there is the obvious New Orleans connection with Jesuit which may have reinforced his Jesuit upbringing.

But, despite him having a Jesuit education, I always thought Bentley was a stand up guy. :)
(former high school website)

Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam, translated from Latin as “For the greater glory of God,” is a Jesuit motto that guides every aspect of education at Saint Ignatius High School.

A.M.D.G. is a motto of sorts for countless alumni who have incorporated it in their business names, passion projects and some have even tattooed the phrase on their bodies as a permanent reminder that all things are not done for our own glory, but for God's.

For Le'Charles Bentley '98, A.M.D.G. is a way of life.

So when the successful Saint Ignatius alumnus decided to branch out into sports representation, he named his new sports agency AMDG Sports.

"A.M.D.G. is how you do anything and everything that you do," Bentley says. "It means striving to be the best husband, father, entrepreneur, and person you can be. God has granted us all a level of ability. Each of us is tasked with taking our talents and abilities and maximizing them. A.M.D.G. means maximizing what God has given us."

I've heard speculation that Peat no longer moves well enough to fit the wide zone blocking scheme. I have some hope that a better option at LT shakes free closer to camp or after final cuts. I'd like Penning to win the job, but I don't like the idea of counting on him to suddenly put it all together.
Bringing in veteran lineman with experience in the new blocking scheme is tantamount to the conversion as they can help solidity the unit while we draft young players to develop in it to keep the continuity going.

Bringing in veteran lineman with experience in the new blocking scheme is tantamount to the conversion as they can help solidity the unit while we draft young players to develop in it to keep the continuity going.

I get that. But, these two guys are likely to be depth pieces which is nice. But, they both have major injury histories and you don't want either starting. So, my hope is that some mid-level starters shake loose later on because I don't think the solution exists in free agency right now. We have options at LT and LG, but no sure things. Hopefully Penning takes a leap at LT and Saldiveri or Young wins the LG job. And hopefully Fuaga is as good as we think he is and he wins the RT job. And, if those happen in camp and preseason we should be fine, but I do think they need to keep looking for a higher level LG and LT for better competition if nothing else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I get that. But, these two guys are likely to be depth pieces which is nice. But, they both have major injury histories and you don't want either starting. So, my hope is that some mid-level starters shake loose later on because I don't think the solution exists in free agency right now. We have options at LT and LG, but no sure things. Hopefully Penning takes a leap and LT and Saldiveri or Young wins the LG job. And hopefully Fuaga is as good as we think he is and he wins the RT job. And, if those happen in camp and preseason we should be fine, but I do think they need to keep looking for a higher level LG and LT for better competition if nothing else.
I'm guessing the ship has already sailed but I'm still curious what the line would look like with Ruiz at center and McCoy at one of the guard spots. Especially if by some miracle Ram is cleared to start the season. Let Fuaga get his feet wet at RG before moving outside.

I'm guessing the ship has already sailed but I'm still curious what the line would look like with Ruiz at center and McCoy at one of the guard spots. Especially if by some miracle Ram is cleared to start the season. Let Fuaga get his feet wet at RG before moving outside.

I guess I shouldn't count Ram out but things really don't look good with him losing weight already. Plus, he was kind of a liability when he played hurt last year. Anyway, if he can come back it would be nice to have Fuaga as an option a OG. I wonder if he can play LG?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom