Saints signed OL veterans LG Shane Lemieux and LT Justin Herron (2 Viewers)

I get that. But, these two guys are likely to be depth pieces which is nice. But, they both have major injury histories and you don't want either starting. So, my hope is that some mid-level starters shake loose later on because I don't think the solution exists in free agency right now. We have options at LT and LG, but no sure things. Hopefully Penning takes a leap and LT and Saldiveri or Young wins the LG job. And hopefully Fuaga is as good as we think he is and he wins the RT job. And, if those happen in camp and preseason we should be fine, but I do think they need to keep looking for a higher level LG and LT for better competition if nothing else.
These are plug and play players, lineman with experience and they appear healthy or the Saints would not of signed them. They are familiar with the system and they address depth issues and add competence behind young guys like Penning, Saldeveri and Fuaga.

These are plug and play players, lineman with experience and they appear healthy or the Saints would not of signed them. They are familiar with the system and they address depth issues and add competence behind young guys like Penning, Saldeveri and Fuaga.

That's what I said. They are depth guys.

But, my point is that we still don't have an established starter at LT and LG. I know several here just want to believe that Penning is suddenly going to be a solid starting LT and Saldeveri will suddenly become a solid start LG just because Maronne is gone, but I think it's a really bad idea to go into the season assuming that those guys are starters without having a better veteran option to start other than the two we just signed who, as you said, are competent depth guys.

That's what I said. They are depth guys.

But, my point is that we still don't have an established starter at LT and LG. I know several here just want to believe that Penning is suddenly going to be a solid starting LT and Saldeveri will suddenly become a solid start LG just because Maronne is gone, but I think it's a really bad idea to go into the season assuming that those guys are starters without having a better veteran option to start other than the two we just signed who, as you said, are competent depth guys.
Lemieux can start at G and just like we did not see these two OL additions coming a day ago, I'm sure the Saints are still looking at the FA pool and will be looking for OL help and depth through camp and into the regular season (teams cut to 53) but right now with these two signings we have a veteran starter who can play opposite Udoh or Saldevri at G and T in Herron who can add depth an competition with Penning, Fuaga and Young as it appears Ram will be on the mend for awhile.

Peat priced himself way out of TN budget, probably ingrateful for Saints overpaying him and will price himself out of market and get away with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom