Saints signed OL veterans LG Shane Lemieux and LT Justin Herron (1 Viewer)

Guarantees or more than 1 year for security would be my guess for why he’s still on the market
Would be a bit surprised that that this late in FA, he would get more than a 1 year deal. Guarantees could be the issue.

Peat did so well nobody wants to sign him....
I thought Peat played pretty well after the move to LT this past season. I also I thought Peat played well during nearly every instance where he was called upon to play LT during his career here.

We don't know whether Peat is still on the Saints' radar, is asking for too much money, or simply doesn't want to return. It's all speculation—or, should I say, opinions—often presented as facts.

At this point it's fair to say he may think his best option is to wait for someone's starting left tackle or left guard to get a season-ending injury. It appears he has played a game of musical chairs and lost.

Giants fans' opinion of Lemieux is...not good to say the least.

Ship sailed on Peat when Saints decided to eat the dead money cap hit. That dead charge now, plus a 2024 salary is too much cap space allocation for Peat.

He gone.

Ship sailed on Peat when Saints decided to eat the dead money cap hit. That dead charge now, plus a 2024 salary is too much cap space allocation for Peat.

He gone.
I don't buy that. That is the definition of a sunk cost. Peat costs what he costs at this point. If we wanted him, we would sign him regardless of the dead cap. We evidently don't want him, or at least not for what he wants to be paid now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom