Trade Down (1 Viewer)

i dont care who is there at 10, if dallas will give both 1s, we need to do it. let us finally recoup the crap sully play and pick 2, if not starters, solid contributors...

with that said, flowers, CB VT would be my pick, some where around 15-17...

Dallas WILL NOT give up both of 1st round picks to us unless Darren McFadden is on the board when we pick BUT he'll be gone waaaaay before we pick.

I Sedrick Ellis is gone, I'm in favour of trading down...

Possible trade could be with Chicago - they have Carolina in front of them and both are probably looking at QB's...Chicago could give up a third and their first for our first and get the best QB still on the board...

with that extra third, we can either pick someone at 14 (Phillips, Talib, etc.) or we can trade down again, moving a few spots further, giving up the third we picked up for an extra second...or something....just an idea

I'd still rather take Ellis if he's there, though it looks increasingly like he won't be. Trading up? to move into 8 would cost us a third...which seems very steep when we have so many holes...

I'd be happy with Ellis at 10, Highsmith or Crable at 41 and Rodgers-Cromartie in the third, picking up a CB in FA (Even someone like Drayton Florence is better than what we have now). The increased rush from that line would help cover alot of the defects on the back end, and a playmaking LB would also help with that.

Alternatively, trade down twice, picking up an extra second in the process, take Phillips in the first, Balmer in the second (I don't see him going before 41 to be honest) best CB in the 2nd and best CB in the third

Thoughts?

i dont care who is there at 10, if dallas will give both 1s, we need to do it. let us finally recoup the crap sully play and pick 2, if not starters, solid contributors...

with that said, flowers, CB VT would be my pick, some where around 15-17...

I dont think a trade down would be bad right now. Right now is in bold for a reason.. Lets talk more after the combine. Might see something that blows us away.

This is all interesting ...that's why fan forum boards exist.

As long as we don't reach deep like we did for Sully, ...and make smart choices in going for veterans on the market, then I think Mueller and the FO will rebound nicely in the 2008 draft and free agent periods.

:gosaints:

Not that I am a hugh fan of his but I would trade Atlanta our first for D Hall and their second.
It may not cure our problem but it would give us a little extra insurance in case MM is slow in returning. I would have to believe that Payton would keep MM on roster for at least 8 games if he was waiting to get back 100% he that good of a player.

How about trading up?

If we came away with Sedrick Ellis and Jerod Mayo in the first two rounds and it took our 3rd to move up to get Ellis, I would be happy.

Provided we made some moves in free agency at CB, although I am not sure Florence constitutes a strong enough move at CB.

I would just love to see us get Ellis - I think he can make the biggest impact on the defense overall.

Not that I am a hugh fan of his but I would trade Atlanta our first for D Hall and their second.
It may not cure our problem but it would give us a little extra insurance in case MM is slow in returning. I would have to believe that Payton would keep MM on roster for at least 8 games if he was waiting to get back 100% he that good of a player.

If your going to trade a first rounder away for a CB, please get someone better then Hall.

I'm not crazy about going offense in the first, but, if we can't trade down, it absolutely makes no sense to reach for a defensive player to fill a need. That being said, it could be that a top offensive player falls to us, thus, creating a market to trade down.

that move would make put us in great shape. a young proven corner and 2 good day one picks to play with im all for it.:plus-un2: i would even try this with oakland for N.A.

The Saints defense needs more then a single superstar they need a talent upgrade at all positions.

I didn't know that the Saints needed to update talent at QB. I'm amazed that you recognize that!!!! Maybe the Saints should hire you. That way this entire board can sleep better at night.

I didn't know that the Saints needed to update talent at QB. I'm amazed that you recognize that!!!! Maybe the Saints should hire you. That way this entire board can sleep better at night.

I was talking about at all defensive positions but a young talented back up at QB wouldn't hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom