Transgender MMA Fighter's License Under Review (1 Viewer)

1335503156150.jpg

It's not a she, DNA says its a man. When it comes to fighting " he/she" will have an advantage ala German Swimmers in the 50's. They have to ban him from fighting period.
That was actually in the 70's, with the "East" German swimmers...

sorry Brad, but unless you were born a female, you can't possibly know what you are talking about.

Born with peepee = male, regardless of how long you grow your hair or how big of breast implants you get or how many knives you take to it.

Musculoskeletal differences between male and female bodies are more than just hormonal and ephemeral; they are quite literally bone-deep. If someone digs me up two thousand years from now, they won't be able to tell if I took hormones or how I felt about my gender or much of anything else about me, but they will be able to tell that I was biologically a woman from nothing but my bones.

As to whether those differences confer an advantage, I guess that depends on whether longer arms, more massive bone structure and greater upper body strength count as advantages. I would contend they do. If she'd been taking hormones since she hit puberty, then no, she wouldn't have developed those advantages, but her current course of hormones has not undone the development that happened at puberty.

Men wipe the floor with women in sporting events. Even though she doesn't identify as a man and is not a man in any other sense, she retains the physical advantages of the sex she was during puberty when her muscles and bones put on all that extra mass and grew in different ways. It sucks for her, but I don't think she can compete fairly against XX women or against men at this point.

This.

Born with peepee = male, regardless of how long you grow your hair or how big of breast implants you get or how many knives you take to it.

what about someone who is born with a vagina but has internal testicles and male chromosomes and has no womb or ovaries but does have high levels of testosterone? Or someone who is born with both and doctors decide which stays and which goes? Or any of the other gender variant birth conditions?

But I guess "science" will just have to take a backseat to the authority stated so articulately... "born with peepee ="

Can't say I blame him. Sometimes, endless debate in which neither side will change the other's mind isn't worth it.

The "facts" won't always change a person's mind or their feelings.

alright i'll take the bait - what "facts" are on the table now?
better yet, whe was the last time (oh let's call y'all) non-liberals used fcts to discuss any of your positions?
you haven't been a fact-based ideology since nixon

Guys the problem is that no one is willing to change their mind.

It seems that in todays society, with the multitude of information available, we are so myopic that we believe what we think is correct, and pawn it off as intolerance if someone doesn't agree with us.

I always hear the adage "This is what I believe and you aren't going to change my mind". Why? This is a terrible way to live. I am always willing to change what I believe if someone gives me a side that is stronger than my own. With the exception being my belief in God, bc what one person may believe is greater "proof", isnt.

Yeah that's cool and all, but you literally have no idea what you are talking about. Like, none at all. None.

A couple minutes on the good ol' innernet will give you all the info you need.
Or you can just form baseless opinions without any critical thought too I guess.

Ronda Rousey fires off on Fallon Fox

Y! SPORTS

"She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has," Rousey said. "It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair. … It's not something that happened to her. It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that; it's going to be an arduous path. I don't know why she's surprised by that. It's going to draw a lot of emotions."

WYHI?

:vomit:

what about someone who is born with a vagina but has internal testicles and male chromosomes and has no womb or ovaries but does have high levels of testosterone? Or someone who is born with both and doctors decide which stays and which goes? Or any of the other gender variant birth conditions?

But I guess "science" will just have to take a backseat to the authority stated so articulately... "born with peepee ="

Ms. Semenya makes for an interesting case.

Onswipe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom