Trevor Penning’s pass protection is improving each week (1 Viewer)

Makes such a big difference when you can block four with five, it opens up your passing game. Also, I would think Carr would settle down on his progressions if he had more faith in his protection.
I'm sure the worry of pass rush has an effect on game planning and play calling. Or at least it should.

I'm sure the worry of pass rush has an effect on game planning and play calling. Or at least it should.
Oh it definitely does. I believe Carr will settle down and go through his progressions better once he starts having more confidence in the O-Line. Yes Penning has been getting better each week. Let's all hope his progression keeps moving every week from now on and also the rest of the O-Line continues to play better too.

No lie, I knew Penning would be a good player, BUT I was knew he was still raw, n needed lotsa work esp with his TECHNIQUE! So I was VERY concerned in DAs decision to throw him out in da deep end at da start of TC n see if he could swim!

Shows what I know!

😂🤣😂

So major props to DA, da Coaches, n ESP Penning himself for the early strides he’s made! Jus watch his improved TECHNIQUE in these vids! IMO, at the snap, he first uses his balance n footwork to “mirror “ his man. Once his man “commits” by extending his arms, Penning then extends his long arms n strong hands to engage him!

Obviously, he’s still a work in progress, but I NEVER thunk TP woulda developed n come along so quickly!!!! Hope he keeps it up!!!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Me and my son keep an eye especially on Penning since my son is learning LT. He will enjoy the video. Thanks for posting. I like that they show the kick slide really well which is what we've been working on. He can see the speed that should be his goal.

The Pats IMO will challenge Penning this week and I'll be interested to see how he responds. It is clear he has immense potential and so far this year he has shown improvement every week. Keep it up and we may have our LT for the next 10 years.

Penning’s blocking is getting so good that there’s talk of moving him to replace TQS, “doing the dirty work.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom