***Tropical Alert*** Hurricane Dorian (Formerly 'OK weather guys' thread) (2 Viewers)

We had to do some air intrusion / leak work a couple of weeks ago after investigating the problem for a month. We had to live in a hotel for a week while we did the work (my wife refuses to live in 'construction zone' as she calls it . . . which simply means drywall dust and some paint).

Having to leave again for a hurricane evac would really suck.
Yes, yes it would. Being here in FL, if we have a Cat 4+ heading this way, I usually make 2 or 3 hotel reservations well in advance (GA, West FL and/or South FL) just in case. We have yet to need to leave.

Euro and GFS global models still calling for around a Cat 1. Most others seem to be around there.

But then I look at this. Overall, the NHC has kept the line that the model spread is high, so their confidence in the intensity forecast isn't high yet.

Yes, yes it would. Being here in FL, if we have a Cat 4+ heading this way, I usually make 2 or 3 hotel reservations well in advance (GA, West FL and/or South FL) just in case. We have yet to need to leave.

We have left two of the last three years. Last year was a mandatory evac (Florence) and 2016, Matthew was a major hurricane headed for just south of Charleston 36 hours out - so we evacuated for that.

Being stuck in a house with no power with little kids ain't no fun.

It definitely looks like the CoC will miss the tall mountains of Puerto Rico and stay off the east coast.
There may not be much weakening as it passes the island.

Dorian Upgraded to cat 1 hurricane

they are anticipating rapid intensification ( RI ) and looking like a a cat 3-4 at landfall.

And the latest GFS and HWRF model runs now mimic that of the earlier ICON runs- putting it back in the GoM.

Is the good news that it never goes where they say 8 days out?

I don’t why I can’t post pictures right side up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom