Two-factor VPN authentication (1 Viewer)

Certifications Rock!

Signed,

Stupidus Wasteoftimeus, MCSE, A+, N+, MCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE

We use RSA @ my company. Don't know jack about the workings of it because I have more important work to do.

You guys are funny

Loose Cannon and all of his followers are so hilarious. This was a problem between me and loose cannon, and I directly wrote to him. Then his whole posse has to jump me. Boy, that is so fair.

But, I have worked with over 20 different VPN setups with my company president, VPs, etc. We use Cisco VPN client software --- not AT&T!!!!
And, I am in desktop support now, I work directly with many network functions. And, considering I graduated IT school in 2006, I don't think I am in bad shape. Considering, I work directly with my network admin, and I am being groomed to take his position as he is being groomed to take on the Director position soon.

Everyone can think what they want, but the point still remains--------------- I WOULD HELP YOU LOOSE CANNON, BUT YOU ARE NOT VERY NICE -- HAD YOU BEEN NICE, I WOULD HELP YOU. MAYBE NEXT LIFE TIME.

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A word to the wise?

Many people find over time that the more an individual finds it necessary to mention their qualifications, the less use said individual turns out to be. Conversely, the really smart cookies rarely, if ever need to mention their qualifications - their worth is evident from the solutions the offer.

This goes for any number of fields, not just IT - but in IT it's endemic, largely, I suspect, as a result of a flood A+ or MCSE wielding induhviduals who know all the answers but none of the solutions. Unfortunately, it's got to the point where anyone who announces their qualifications rather than suggestions is instantly tarred with this particular brush.

You would probably have been better off either not posting, or attempting to fix the problem.

Thanks for the response, but I don't need any more false judgements from the loose cannon posse. I didn't even mention which certifications I have. Plus, regardless, I have been solidly working my tail off for the last five years, with school and jobs to learn everything I can. I am not one to cram for certs through certification for dummy books. But, once again thanks for the wrongful criticism!!!!!

Loose Cannon and all of his followers are so hilarious. This was a problem between me and loose cannon, and I directly wrote to him. Then his whole posse has to jump me. Boy, that is so fair.

But, I have worked with over 20 different VPN setups with my company president, VPs, etc. We use Cisco VPN client software --- not AT&T!!!!
And, I am in desktop support now, I work directly with many network functions. And, considering I graduated IT school in 2006, I don't think I am in bad shape. Considering, I work directly with my network admin, and I am being groomed to take his position as he is being groomed to take on the Director position soon.

Everyone can think what they want, but the point still remains--------------- I WOULD HELP YOU LOOSE CANNON, BUT YOU ARE NOT VERY NICE -- HAD YOU BEEN NICE, I WOULD HELP YOU. MAYBE NEXT LIFE TIME.

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO :cussing:

The only judgement/criticism of you personally in my post was that you "would probably have been better off either not posting, or attempting to fix the problem". You may have reasons for projecting my general comments onto yourself, but my comments were specifically concerned with others attitudes to your behaviour, not the behaviour itself.

Certifications are not the only qualifications. I have 21 years experience as a chemist, which qualifies me to speak with some authority on some areas of that subject, even though it's not a certification.

Yes, you do have some good points in both of your posts, and I do agree very much. It is just that I know how easy it is to be put in the same group with other IT people who cram their way to high certification status. I know I worked hard to get to the point I am at.
Also, I have just been frustrated because I am new to this forum and since the beginning, people like Loose Cannon have teamed up against me making comments about my low number of posts and rejecting everything I say. That is why I replied to this post originally, because I wanted to make a point. So, no offense intended towards you.

GO SAINTS GO!!!!!! After all isn't this what the spirit is supposed to be like.

nerds.jpg

Yes, you do have some good points in both of your posts, and I do agree very much. It is just that I know how easy it is to be put in the same group with other IT people who cram their way to high certification status. I know I worked hard to get to the point I am at.
Also, I have just been frustrated because I am new to this forum and since the beginning, people like Loose Cannon have teamed up against me making comments about my low number of posts and rejecting everything I say. That is why I replied to this post originally, because I wanted to make a point. So, no offense intended towards you.

GO SAINTS GO!!!!!! After all isn't this what the spirit is supposed to be like.

Congrats on your job and your career.

Nobody "teamed up on you" or made comments about your post counts. You might have taken heat for posting silly posts, posts without substance, or just being a negative contributor to the board. I don't remember what our beef is. Stop with the victim mentality.

Regardless, the info I was looking for was far beyond a VPN client installation. Thanks anyway, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom