Tyson Foods dumps millions of pounds of toxic pollutants into US rivers and lakes (2 Viewers)

They figure we all gotta die anyway. They're just helping move the process along. :idunno:

I worked on the Tyson (B2B advertising) for several years in the mid to late 90's. I did a tour of a kill plant where they produced Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) chicken and some chicken nuggets products. We went through the process from start to finish. The only mention I recall of waste was that the wastewater had to be cooled down (heat exchange process) before being released into the environment.

Also, at the time I worked on the account Tyson was buying up pork, beef and seafood plants to become "your center of the plate" resource. They are a massive corporation so the line about writing off the fines as a cost of business doesn't surprise me at all.

They’d be the first ones selling Soylent Green if it was cheap and they could get away with it
A few years ago, I was at work and got my manager to look up what people taste like. It literally said pork and that Italians have more of a garlic flavor. So don't knock it till you tried it! :wright:

But it's from science daily - that has to be legit

Science is right in the name
You pay a scientist/doctor/"expert" millions of dollars, they'll say exactly what they are paid to say.

Tyson is going get hit financially from this, big time. They are the number one food producer so the only way to go from the top is down. They thought they were invincible. Nope. They just got caught. The other lawsuits that will pop up from this are going to take years to sort through. Lawyers from every corner of the country are going to pounce on them. "My client got sick from contaminated water." "My client's pets and farm animals died from your contaminants." It is only beginning. And then there is the damage control that Tyson is going to have to spend to get them out of this PR nightmare.

Tyson will have their sacrificial firings under the file of "these individuals responsible, directly and indirectly, are no longer part of the Tyson family. We are extremely disappointed what happened and we will do everything to regain your trust." They will fire a plant manager or two, send them off with a fat severance check, but never never will anyone in the Tyson front office accept responsibility nor feel the pain, financially, of what is to come. They will deflect and point the finger but will not say that they did it knowingly. The kicker is "not knowing" and "choosing not to know" are two different animals. Profits override safety and doing the right thing every time.

And the kick in the pants? Tyson will raise prices on all their food items to offset the coming losses. Oh, yes. They will..........

You're just being ridiculous. 🙄 Next, you'll tell us that trickle down economics doesn't benefit the working class. 🤨
They don't, trickle up works much better and enriched corporations even more. Look what happened when they sent out all that covid money to people, the spent it and it went right to the mega cap bottom lines. They gave people rather small cash payments and when all those people inject it into the economy it runs profits up and prices up, because then the companies know they can raise prices even more and people will pay it.

They don't, trickle up works much better and enriched corporations even more. Look what happened when they sent out all that covid money to people, the spent it and it went right to the mega cap bottom lines. They gave people rather small cash payments and when all those people inject it into the economy it runs profits up and prices up, because then the companies know they can raise prices even more and people will pay it.
I'm going to write Santa Claus and tell him that you were just teasing me in good fun and ask him not to hold this against you.

Yet United airlines wants me to throw in $3 extra charge for "carbon offsets". How bout we just find the companies like this and fine them into the next millenium.

I'll keep my $3.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me. Companies in America want to dumb us down and don't mind killing a bunch of us. Do a comparison between a product sold here and sold in the UK. We're being poisoned on purpose.
I don't even think they want to kill us. They want to make everyone sick enough to have to keep buying pharmaceuticals and other snake oil remedies that rely on the 'system' and status quo while keeping us dumb enough so that the capitalists have their wage labor pool and military servants. Thus the reason for population control and forced birth policies.

ETA: I do also agree that they don't care if some of us peasants die in the process. They'll just get replaced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom