UEFA Euro 2024 (June 14 to July 14) (2 Viewers)

Probably a good 30 min delay....enough to let lightning pass.

Holy cow.

Went from disallowed on one end immediately to PK on other.

That was nuts

Anyone else notice how it's always an English ref crew when there's suspect, hair-splitting VAR decisions and ridiculously long checks?

I defense of Oliver, the disallowed goal, his big toe was deemed off.

And I don't know how they isolated his toe vs heel of Germans but whatever.

I think FIFA need to revisit this handball. Especially when the offender is within 3 or 4 ft of kick. I get the whole "natural position" but having ur arm down at side while sprinting back isn't feasible. I don't like these calls when ball is kicked into the hand/arm which is inadvertently there.

I think FIFA need to revisit this handball. Especially when the offender is within 3 or 4 ft of kick. I get the whole "natural position" but having ur arm down at side while sprinting back isn't feasible. I don't like these calls when ball is kicked into the hand/arm which is inadvertently there.

Stuart Atwell is just as incompetent, I really think if it takes that long to make a decision then the ref on the field at least has to look at it. Offsides down to toes v heels, is absolutely ridiculous and not in the spirit of the law at all, nevermind that how you can even really tell?

I don't think the handball was intentional and I don't think it affected the flight of the ball much if anything at all. I didn't even really see German protesting for the call like that. I'm pretty sure there's already room for discretion regarding ball to hand as opposed to hand to ball, the thing is the natural position is obviously somewhat subjective.

Stuart Atwell is just as incompetent, I really think if it takes that long to make a decision then the ref on the field at least has to look at it. Offsides down to toes v heels, is absolutely ridiculous and not in the spirit of the law at all, nevermind that how you can even really tell?

I don't think the handball was intentional and I don't think it affected the flight of the ball much if anything at all. I didn't even really see German protesting for the call like that. I'm pretty sure there's already room for discretion regarding ball to hand as opposed to hand to ball, the thing is the natural position is obviously somewhat subjective.

Oliver and Taylor are trending in US on X

Lololol

This is just 1 of 1000s lol

Totally agree on the offsides. It was terrible decision imo. There is no view that can give you that perfect look without overhead cam. And they don't have one.

It should have stood.

As for the hand ball, yeah there is some, but it seems the refs are now deferring to VAR, as opposed to live action, which can give you a "look" that really isn't what was intended. I agree it's bs.

Brazil had one other night, the shot wasn't even on goal! Would have been wide by 10 ft, but because in box, PK awarded. (Paqueta missed...ball don't lie lol)

Maybe the inverse of the HBP rule - if a batter makes no effort to avoid getting hit, no base
If the arm doesn’t have time to move after a kick, no pk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom