Underhill: Tommylee Lewis returns from IR, Mike Thomas not spotted at open portion of practice (3 Viewers)

TLL isn't coming back to be a weapon on offense. I don't like it, but I get it. Hill is not a kick returner. Kamara is too valuable to keep fielding punts.

And Thomas is just getting his rest in.

his speed will provide the ability to run him deep post/fly patterns

We need his speed to take the top off of defenses. With Ginn on IR we've been missing that which has made coverages easier for defenses.

I don't want him returning kicks though.

We need his speed to take the top off of defenses. With Ginn on IR we've been missing that which has made coverages easier for defenses.

I don't want him returning kicks though.

I think you've got it backwards. He's almost certainly coming back to return kicks so Hill/Kamara don't have to anymore. TQS is perfectly capable of running fly routes and is faster than TLL. I don't think that's really part of our offense anymore.

And ya just knw they'll put him back there smh

Why shouldn't they, don't want to risk Kamara getting hurt during a kick or punt return....and TLL can get the ball to the 20-25 yard line like Hill has been doing...he's quick and shifty and outside of people on SR.com dubbing him this years "we hate this guy why is he still on the roster" the Saints still see value in him.

is TLL really all that fast? I dont recall him catching much deep if ever. Everyone says he's "fast" but the biggest play I can remember was the TD he had to leap in the endzone against the Failcons last year, and that's pretty much it. Does anyone know his 40 or 60 yard splits?

Why shouldn't they, don't want to risk Kamara getting hurt during a kick or punt return....and TLL can get the ball to the 20-25 yard line like Hill has been doing...he's quick and shifty and outside of people on SR.com dubbing him this years "we hate this guy why is he still on the roster" the Saints still see value in him.
Bc he's not good? I mean really? Let's just forget how he was back there before the injury lol okay buddy

is TLL really all that fast? I dont recall him catching much deep if ever. Everyone says he's "fast" but the biggest play I can remember was the TD he had to leap in the endzone against the Failcons last year, and that's pretty much it. Does anyone know his 40 or 60 yard splits?

No, not really. He ran a 4.52 at his pro-day.

I'd take TQS in a foot race. Meredith also ran a 4.42.

4.48 for TLL

That was an estimate by a draft website. His actual pro-day time was 4.52.

TLL can be valuable in both the offense and in special teams. He can play three different positions - WR, KR, PR. And maybe on kick cover and punt cover too??? I'm not suggesting he will be playing all of those positions, but having such a versatile player on the roster is useful.

And, if I'm remembering correctly, when TLL does play WR Payton seems to like to use him to stretch the field. No one has really stepped in for Ginn yet. Maybe TLL can help in that area.

I dont thik they brought TLL back. Doesnt he get to practice for 2 weeks before we have to make that decision?

I dont thik they brought TLL back. Doesnt he get to practice for 2 weeks before we have to make that decision?
Right. I’m thinking he is back at practice, but not yet activated to the 53. They have a 2 week window to do that.

Tommy Lee returns. Smh. Cut dude and go get Dez Bryant. Thomas hurt he want be 100%. Sign Dez..This is the time to do so. Tommy Lee just fast and when he get hit he go down like wet paper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom