Saints Unpopular Opinion: Let Vonn Bell walk in FA. (1 Viewer)

6 Million for Vonn Bell? Jamal Adams is only making 5.5 Million. IMO he will be had for much less. Maybe the cost will be higher in contract length and guaranteed money but I don't see 6 million a year for Bell.

6 Million for Vonn Bell? Jamal Adams is making like 6 Million. IMO he will be had for much less. Maybe the cost will be higher in contract length and guaranteed money but I don't see 6 million a year for Bell.

Adams is on his rookie deal, so that has nothing to do with Bell's value. There is zero chance Bell signs for less than $6mm AAV. It will be closer to $10mm, if not 12.

10 million a year? Based on what. Eddie Jacksons deal? Those Jackson and Adams are All Pros with multiple pro bowl appearances. Vonn is a second tier Safety. If a team gives him 10 million a season then his agent is a magician. He's a younger version of Kenny Vaccaro.

10 million a year? Based on what. Eddie Jacksons deal? Those Jackson and Adams are All Pros with multiple pro bowl appearances. Vonn is a second tier Safety. If a team gives him 10 million a season then his agent is a magician. He's a younger version of Kenny Vaccaro.

He’s way better than Vaccaro was on the Saints. Not even close.

I know you can’t keep everyone but Bell seems like the guy you try to hang on to. He has a nose for the football, he’s a solid tackler, and he’s not caught out of position very often. Continuity is important as well. Bell isn’t the reason for the breakdowns in the secondary. Him and CGJ formed a good duo back there. I hope Loomis can work some magic and keep Bell in the fold

One question that we seem to forget..... Can he play safety? Then keep him. Malcolm Jenkins can play safety too.

Bell is better than Marcus Williams and the Saints have other options at nickel. If CJGJ can play FS, I say keep Bell and part ways with Marcus Williams in 2021 when his contracts up.
I would go this route. Bell was always making plays, always returning some fumble. Also could put PJ Williams at safety. He played well back there.

Based on the stats Bell is Vaccaro. 1st 4 seasons
Bell 251 solo tackles
Vaccaro 238 solo tackles
Bell 8 sacks
Vaccaro 6 sacks
Bell 1 INT
Vaccaro 5 INT (KV had 5 INTs in yr 5)
Bell 7 fumbles recovered
Vaccaro 2 fumbles recovered

Where exactly is the upside for Bell that would make you think he deserves a top 10 Safety contract where Vaccaro didnt?
I firmly believe he will be back at about 5 million or he will be gone. Look at our history. We dont overpay for safety talent we draft. KV had a career season in his 5th season and he couldnt get paid.

Bell 251 solo tackles
Vaccaro 238 solo tackles
Bell 8 sacks
Vaccaro 6 sacks
Bell 1 INT
Bell 7 fumbles recovered

Where exactly is the upside for Bell that would make you think he deserves a top 10 Safety contract where Vaccaro didnt?
I firmly believe he will be back at about 5 million or he will be gone. Look at our history. We dont overpay for safety talent we draft. KV had a career season in his 5th season and he couldnt get paid.

One could deduce from those stats that the defensive system is SS friendly. I believe Williams has more responsibilities at FS. Tough decisions will have to be made this off-season and Bell will be in that number. If he’s back, great...if he’s not I have faith that Allen and company will have a plan on how to replace him.

Bell 251 solo tackles
Vaccaro 238 solo tackles
Bell 8 sacks
Vaccaro 6 sacks
Bell 1 INT
Bell 7 fumbles recovered

After the 2018 season, Vaccaro got $26M over four years from the Titans. Would you pay that to Bell?

Bell had a great season. Sorry I was just looking at some defensive highlights and he was in playmaking position a lot. I can't see him not getting better and better. I'd keep him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom