USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (1 Viewer)

If we're being honest, this looks exactly like every other match weve played since they brought Berhalter back. The best performances since the WC have been under interims. There hasnt been a single game where weve come in and took the bull by the horns since he was rehired - and weve played a bunch of cupcakes outside of Germany. Jamaica just cashed in inside of a minute, but Im not sure it wouldnt be 0-0 going into half if they didnt.

If we're being honest, this looks exactly like every other match weve played since they brought Berhalter back. The best performances since the WC have been under interims. There hasnt been a single game where weve come in and took the bull by the horns since he was rehired. Jamaica just cashed in inside of a minute, but Im not sure it wouldnt be 0-0 going into half if they didnt.

Pre game talk was about our lack of ideas once inside final 3rd.

Here we are again. We have the skill players to break down a flat back defense. We just don't let them play. So they get to a spot and survey, get closed down and we have to recycle and start over.

Again
And again
And again.

Scally looks like he left all his game wherever he came from.

Pre game talk was about our lack of ideas once inside final 3rd.

Here we are again. We have the skill players to break down a flat back defense. We just don't let them play. So they get to a spot and survey, get closed down and we have to recycle and start over.

Again
And again
And again.

Scally looks like he left all his game wherever he came from.

I dont get the angle Turner took on the goal. I mean, Scally forgot he was defending or playing soccer, but even if Turner got a hand on it, he was a half yard deep in goal.

2nd half, Gio for Tillman or Musah? The Ramadan fasting might make it Musah that comes off.

And if we are just going to send in crosses, how long before you bring on Pepi?

I dont get the angle Turner took on the goal. I mean, Scally forgot he was defending or playing soccer, but even if Turner got a hand on it, he was a half yard deep in goal.

2nd half, Gio for Tillman or Musah? The Ramadan fasting might make it Musah that comes off.

And if we are just going to send in crosses, how long before you bring on Pepi?

I'm taking out Balo, Tillman and Musah for Pepi, Aaronson and Gio. And I'm telling Gio to take the reigns in breaking down defense on the dribble.

As for Turner, the ball took slight deflection and when that close, he was expecting (as was Scally who took that false step toward middle ) a cut back cross. So he had to shuffle right when he was set to square up for middle and it happens so fast, you don't stay even on line. I don't fault him there other than his hands should have been up by shoulders and use feet for any low shot. But he hasn't been in best of form so that probably played a part.

Scally doesn't take step, he is in position to challenge for the ball/make guy change mind instead of giving player a full run and time to square up on the ball.

Best idea of the game, took GIo a couple minutes. This could cost GGG his job. Would be fitting if Gio was the one to save him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom