USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (8 Viewers)

Scally gets the start? Do we start Flo and Pepi together? A lot of decisions for an interim coach.

Berhalter is back, so I guess Jordan Morris, Acosta and Roldan are back in the fold.

Last edited:
Scally gets the start? Do we start Flo and Pepi together? A lot of decisions for an interim coach.

Why not? 2 attackers.

If we stay in regular formation, then I stay with Folarin, but make move just after or at half if not working.

Scally yeah probably so.

I guess Ill go back to wondering how we ended up with Berhalter again, and how Gio and Pepi are going to deal with it. We need them both more than we needed Berhalter. Hell we just beat Mexico 3-0 with a interim to the interim manager. There is nothing Berhalter gives us that we needed. Its just a lazy, uncreative, lack of vision by Crocker before he even starts his new job with USSF. 3 goals in the entire WC with the best collection of talent weve ever had on the field, made to look like a fool by Van Gaal.....sold out his locker room as a conference speaker, allegations of domestic violence (confirmed)....and he is the guy we needed for the most important cycle and WC in our national team history.

I just cant wrap my mind around this decision by Crocker. He might as well just stay in England. I want him here less than Berhalter after this hire.

Agree with 44
For the most part I thought ggg did a good job getting the squad together
But it seems crystal clear that we had hit our ceiling with him - what about him says he’s ready to bring us to the next level both tactically and emotionally

But this feels like at least an answer to why

Agree with 44
For the most part I thought ggg did a good job getting the squad together
But it seems crystal clear that we had hit our ceiling with him - what about him says he’s ready to bring us to the next level both tactically and emotionally

But this feels like at least an answer to why

ok Capt America- where was THIS play for WC?

And did Pulisic actually see the dismantling of Berhalter by Van Gaal? Berhalter had no answer, and kept falling into the trap VG set.

These players, in some odd way, lack confidence in their own ability if they think last night was because of Berhalter. They have the greatest collection of talent in usmnt history, by a pretty wide margin. The weak link in their immediate future, is Berhalter.

Fire Crocker. There’s no reason we need to be paying him since we already paid a firm to conduct an investigation and a coaching search, to end up with the guy that helps us zero.

Can’t wait for Berhalter next dumbarse move like starting Ferreira over Balogun at Copa.

We just need to tell him that all teams are Mexico

But telescoping out a bit and thinking of out core players- not one of them knows where they’re playing next year
And many of them were part of crumbling teams with revolving door of managers- I can see how stability would be attractive to them
That’s all I got

the balogun thing is what I’m most worried about with zombie ggg
He’s shown no indication he knows what to do with an actual 9 (or much at all in the final third)
Please prove me wrong

I guess if we are being fair, the program doesnt really know what to do with a 9. Young Altidore was as close as weve had to a decent 9 (on paper), but he flailed in Europe and was injured when it mattered. He never really took the next step.

This is happening, its news we didnt need, or want, but somehow this is happening. The beef with Gio, it HAS to be put to bed. Gio has the ideas a lot of guys dont have. Sometimes you see him make a pass and you scratch your head, but he opens up an attack most players just dont see. We cant tell him ahead of 2026...you wont play too much. Berhalter did that. He actually did that. Then Gio sandbagged training after that.

That has to be resolved before anything else. Pepi hung up on him when he was told he wasnt going to Qatar. Something else, much easier, to put to bed.

But Jordan Morris, Ferreira, Roldan, Acosta, Arriola and Yedlin can never wear a US shirt again and itll be too soon.

And we still only scored 3 goals in 4 games at the WC. We got out of the group by barely squaking by Iran. I dont see the WC as an out and out success to show why Berhalter needs to be here in spite of everything else telling you he shouldnt. I didnt watch us play any of those 4 games and thought we played fluid at any point.

Last edited:

Yeah, what an intro for Flo. He was in the right spot if Pulisic had decided to ditch it off on his first goal, and he took the right line and was wide open at the near post on Pulisics 2nd. Weah couldve left it for Balogun and it wouldve been an easy finish.

But you can tell he just doesnt have time with these guys. The timing was a bit off, he just doesnt have chemistry with any of them yet. Some of his runs were too close to others, just not having that game time with them to know how they move. But the guy works. I just hope they give him time to develop those things before going back and forth with Pepi.

Id like to see both on the field together. But I think Pepi scored pretty quickly as a sub in the last window as well. Theres value in a super sub that can score at a pretty good rate.

The most important thing that USSF can do at this press conference today is address the situation between Berhalter and Gio and tell us soccer fans that it has been smoothed over and both are ready to move forward. Gio is more important that Berhalter. So is Pepi. They arent going to make anyone happy from a tactical standpoint. No one is going to be happy with the wasted time. I was against bringing Berhalter back before the drama. So the only thing they can possibly do is let folks know that the locker room, gio and pepi are all ready to move forward together.

My concern is, they made this move faster than they wanted because of Berhalter and ClubAmerica and the Gio situation was never adressed. Theyll cross that bridge when they get to it, and have to hope they can make it work.

Either way, FIRE CROCKER first when this doesnt work.

Last edited:
Yeah, what an intro for Flo. He was in the right spot if Pulisic had decided to ditch it off on his first goal, and he took the right line and was wide open at the near post on Pulisics 2nd. Weah couldve left it for Balogun and it wouldve been an easy finish.

But you can tell he just doesnt have time with these guys. The timing was a bit off, he just doesnt have chemistry with any of them yet. Some of his runs were too close to others, just not having that game time with them to know how they move. But the guy works. I just hope they give him time to develop those things before going back and forth with Pepi.

Id like to see both on the field together. But I think Pepi scored pretty quickly as a sub in the last window as well. Theres value in a super sub that can score at a pretty good rate.

The most important thing that USSF can do at this press conference today is address the situation between Berhalter and Gio and tell us soccer fans that it has been smoothed over and both are ready to move forward. Gio is more important that Berhalter. So is Pepi. They arent going to make anyone happy from a tactical standpoint. No one is going to be happy with the wasted time. I was against bringing Berhalter back before the drama. So the only thing they can possibly do is let folks know that the locker room, gio and pepi are all ready to move forward together.

My concern is, they made this move faster than they wanted because of Berhalter and ClubAmerica and the Gio situation was never adressed. Theyll cross that bridge when they get to it, and have to hope they can make it work.

Either way, FIRE CROCKER first when this doesnt work.

there were one or two moments, where balls crossed in, were just off the mark for Folarin. BUT he was able to make play on ball anyway- and it gave a glimpse of his ability to assess where the ball might go/will go and get there. His anticipation and understanding showed on just 2 passes.

Same for Pepi- said last night 2-3 years ago, he gets so excited he either offsides or flubs the control/move/shot once 1 v 1 w/ keeper. Last night he did BOTH, perfectly. Composure was key. Dont rush, dont get giddy...and he made it look easy. Thats what true scorers do...make it look easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom