Was the Crowd loud over the Tv today? (1 Viewer)

It was loud.

But wasn’t louder than that NFCCG against LA.

My gawd was that loud

When DD got the interception in that game, my ears were busted

It was definitely loud in the Dome. I will say though, I looked right and left and saw a ton of people not making noise or clapping. I would say about half the Dome make noise, which is significant, but if we can get at least 3/4 of the Dome rocking, it would be absolutely deafening. I think that's why Seattle and KC have louder stadiums. I've heard that in Seattle, if you're not making noise when their team is on defense, they will actually call you out and want to fight! Pretty over the top, but that place is nuts.

Still proud to be in that number yesterday with no voice left today!

you guys were definitely loud, and it came through on the TV. even the announcers said something like, "this is something you can't gameplan for in the preseason."

man, I miss being in that number in the Dome. there's nothing like a game like that where the crowd does their job, you secure the win, and when you leave the dome your whole head is still buzzin'.

Until our offense has to motion to quiet the crowd. It never fails. ;)
Yep yep yep. We do need to get more sophisticated as a fan base. No Who Dat Chants when we are on offense. And god please no waves when we are on offense.

But let's not lose the enthusiasm.... It's going to be a very good year and we are a part of it

The crowd was outstanding overall. There were a couple of memorable moments. First, on the review of Shaheed's 41 yard reception to pretty much seal the victory, the crowd repeatedly yelled, "ONNNNEEEE.... TWOOOOOOOO..." as the replay went over the two feet in bounds, so that the ref could "hear" the evidence as well as see it. It was 3 or 4 times that the crowd did it. It was pretty hilarious! Second, when they did the Jimmy Buffett tribute, the crowd continued to sing "Wasted away again in Margaritaville" after the music had stopped.

Yes, we were all chanting, ONE, TWO, THREE on his feet being inbound and the Jimmy Buffett thing was great.

The Saints should take on Margaritaville as a new "unofficial anthem" and do it every game. Maybe after every forced turnover as a jab at the other team since there is almost always a TV timeout after a turnover. (I'll send the Saints an email...I have a contact.)

OK, I sent an email on the song idea to a guy VERY high up with the Saints Organization.

If they start playing Margaritaville after every Forced Turnover, INT or Fumble Recovery, it was my idea......

Last edited:
Yes, we were all chanting, ONE, TWO, THREE on his feet being inbound and the Jimmy Buffett thing was great.

The Saints should take on Margaritaville and a new "unofficial anthem" and do it every game. Maybe after every forced turnover as a jab at the other team since there is almost always a TV timeout after a turnover. (I'll send the Saints an email...I have a contact.)
Thanks for the reminder on Margaritaville.... That was friggin AWESOME.... It needs to be a permanent part of something during the year

Yep yep yep. We do need to get more sophisticated as a fan base. No Who Dat Chants when we are on offense. And god please no waves when we are on offense.

But let's not lose the enthusiasm.... It's going to be a very good year and we are a part of it

I don't think there's any way to stop it. At that point in the game we aren't all, let's say, thinking clearly...or at all. haha

Our fans have finally learned that you are not supposed to do the wave when our team is on offense! That used to make me soooo mad!!!

We just need our fans to remember that we have to be super loud when our opponents are in the huddle. If you wait till they lineup it’s too late!! So many teams go on a silent count anyway. The best thing we can do is make it where they can’t hear themselves in the huddle!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom