We just played 8 out of 12 on the road (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I will take it. My only negatives tonight were Payton using TLL and also not kicking the XP. If he kicks it and then kicks the fg later we win going away.

There was no way the panties were going to score a TD tonight led by Cam. I am all for going for it on 4th and the 2 pointer if we are in a shootout. Unfortunately Sean needs to brush up on winning defensive battles. (think Dallas not kicking fg)

Props to the D. They were awesome tonight.

Ladies and Gentleman we are about to go on a roll. The road to Atlanta starts and stops at the Dome.

Good point about 8-12. Now we have a home stretch!

Next week take care of business and beat the Steelers to give us a huge advantage in the playoffs.

But it’s the right call to go for 2. Could have used a better play call. And Brees could have thrown it away.

Good point about 8-12. Now we have a home stretch!

Next week take care of business and beat the Steelers to give us a huge advantage in the playoffs.

But it’s the right call to go for 2. Could have used a better play call. And Brees could have thrown it away.

Normally I would agree but Carolina was tough on us in short yardage. Nothing during that game made anyone think that Carolina could drive for a TD.

The difference between a play working and it not working is so dependent upon the details.

The TLL run call was almost an awesome play call for a first down, it just was not executed well due to the fumble and the hold. Had it been executed well, it would be considered a brilliant play call and the game would have been over sooner than it was.

The play call was good because it was an unconventional, probably high percentage run. Payton did not want to call a pass because he would run the risk of an incompletion and stopping the clock. He didn't want to run a play to one of the guys who was being targeted, because the Panthers were ready for it. I thought it was a great play call to run the play to TLL, just ended with a crazy, poorly executed, result.

The difference between a play working and it not working is so dependent upon the details.

The TLL run call was almost an awesome play call for a first down, it just was not executed well due to the fumble and the hold. Had it been executed well, it would be considered a brilliant play call and the game would have been over sooner than it was.

The play call was good because it was an unconventional, probably high percentage run. Payton did not want to call a pass because he would run the risk of an incompletion and stopping the clock. He didn't want to run a play to one of the guys who was being targeted, because the Panthers were ready for it. I thought it was a great play call to run the play to TLL, just ended with a crazy, poorly executed, result.

Sorry but the playcall was horrible because TLL is not an nfl caliber player. He should never be on the field.

Saints played 3 out of 4 on the road.

Then 2 at home.

Then 3 straight on the road. Then 2 of the last 3 against the same division opponent.

How and why does that happen?

Now contrast that with Dallas' schedule, who only had to play 2 straight on the road once, but then had a nice stretch of 4 out 5 at home...somehow.

Outstanding.....and to think the road to the SB, if everything goes as planned, is all inside now.

Saints played 3 out of 4 on the road.

Then 2 at home.

Then 3 straight on the road. Then 2 of the last 3 against the same division opponent.

How and why does that happen?

Now contrast that with Dallas' schedule, who only had to play 2 straight on the road once, but then had a nice stretch of 4 out 5 at home...somehow.
And 2 btb Thursday home game... NFL can't manipulate match up, but they do find ways to make it difficult on schedule it in a certain order.

Sorry but the playcall was horrible because TLL is not an nfl caliber player. He should never be on the field.
By that logic the TD pass to TLL was also a horrible playcall and any playcall that gives the ball to TLL is a horrible playcall.

By that logic the TD pass to TLL was also a horrible playcall and any playcall that gives the ball to TLL is a horrible playcall.

Even a blind dog gets a bone once in a while. We win that game against Atlanta without TLL.

Speed without vision and control. It's like he is just wound up and released.

I understand but we just can't run the same plays everytime in the redzone. TLL was a change of pace. He'll gain experience from this and we'll need him down the stretch.

Our defense has been amazing, and they bailed us out. Having a replacement-level CB2 has made a huge difference.

But Sean had a bad game last night. I agree with OP about the XP - with the way our D was playing and Cam was struggling, it was too early to go for 2. Being up 13-7 early in the 4th would have been just fine. And getting away from Ingram for most of the 2nd half was very annoying, especially when CAR had just about every pass play diagnosed at the snap.

The TLL play was absurd - he's done nothing to show that you can trust him in that situation and we got burned. Sean outsmarted himself.

But, you don't win 12 out of 14 without some ugly ones, and this is by far the most complete team we've had since 2009 and maybe ever under Payton.

As they say in golf, it's not how, but how many, that counts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom