We may never see this Again when it comes to Qbs (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I was watching this fantasy football progam around 4 pm CT. The host lameted that only one Qb so far had passed for 300 yards and it made me think the Golden age of the qb might be over. He said defenses now get to.the qb quicker than ever. As a result you see shorter pass attempts.

Me i have another viewpoint that adds or compliments his thoughts. Its that qb talent has taken a dip. Its not indicating the current group of qbs ate bad. Its more indicative of how great the talent was at that position from 2005 to late 2019s.

In that time period 1st tier Qbs Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton played. While greats such as Warner and Farve were winding down thier careers at that time. In a tier below them you had Rothlisberger, Ryan, Stafford, Romo, There were also who played good for a few year stretch in that time.

Its highly unlikely we will ever see qb talent at that level ever again in the NFL.

I tend to think it's the league in general going to more mobile qb's and not so much lack of talent. There's some pretty decent qb's in the league right now but most all of them are highly mobile. No longer need that pocket guy necessarily that sits back and picks defenses apart.

I was watching this fantasy football progam around 4 pm CT. The host lameted that only one Qb so far had passed for 300 yards and it made me think the Golden age of the qb might be over. He said defenses now get to.the qb quicker than ever. As a result you see shorter pass attempts.

Me i have another viewpoint that adds or compliments his thoughts. Its that qb talent has taken a dip. Its not indicating the current group of qbs ate bad. Its more indicative of how great the talent was at that position from 2005 to late 2019s.

In that time period 1st tier Qbs Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton played. While greats such as Warner and Farve were winding down thier careers at that time. In a tier below them you had Rothlisberger, Ryan, Stafford, Romo, There were also who played good for a few year stretch in that time.

Its highly unlikely we will ever see qb talent at that level ever again in the NFL.

Yeah that golden era is over. And it’s an ebb and flow thing, prior to the QB era you had the RB era. I currently feel this is a WR era.

Phillip Rivers, Russel Wilson, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan were in that era too.

Defenses are also playing more 2 high to combat. I think that’s the reason Payton is struggling offensively. It’s a system that wants to throw the ball down field but defenses aren’t allowing it, and yet it’s also an offense that would rather pass to set up the run than run to set up pass. I’m sure it’s very frustrating for him

A frustrated Payton is a pass happy Payton

The best offenses in the league right now can run the ball or threaten run via formation

Yeah that golden era is over. And it’s an ebb and flow thing, prior to the QB era you had the RB era. I currently feel this is a WR era.

Phillip Rivers, Russel Wilson, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan were in that era
Rivers is a good mention here. Dude basically had Dan Marino’s career 20 years later. Seriously—check out the career stats.

League average scoring:
2020 - 24.8 - most pts in 20yrs
2021 - 23.0 - Brees retired
2022 - 21.9 - Brady and Roth retired
2023 - 21.8 - Rodgers out
Thats a huge dip.in Scoring

Defenses have also changed, they are far faster, particularly at the LB and safety positions. teams are geared to stop the pass. I firmly believe a team that is designed from the top down to run the ball can do a lot of damage in this league. It's not sexy and the problem is trying to line up a great running attack with a great defense is really difficult. Even when teams seem to do it, it just takes one team that can take away the run to end the season.

Offensive styles are like fashion, nothing ever really dies. Hell, I was seeing ghosts of the triple option all over the NFL today.

Defenses have also changed, they are far faster, particularly at the LB and safety positions. teams are geared to stop the pass. I firmly believe a team that is designed from the top down to run the ball can do a lot of damage in this league. It's not sexy and the problem is trying to line up a great running attack with a great defense is really difficult. Even when teams seem to do it, it just takes one team that can take away the run to end the season.

Offensive styles are like fashion, nothing ever really dies. Hell, I was seeing ghosts of the triple option all over the NFL today.
yes Lber's who can't cover are not drafted now. Make them play the run.

Lombardi was right." Football is first and foremost a running game. Always has and will always be "

I still take Mahommes against any opponent. QB is still the most important position.

Lions just ran down the throats of the Rams for an OT win.

Playoffs is an equalizer for the run game for some reason. Doesn’t really make sense. I hope our run game continues to evolve. Panthers have a good defense including a dominant DT and we were still able to run on them.

Fuaga is really good in the run game. On the AK TD run he sealed the edge and blocked three defenders at once. And he got the crucial lead block on the Jamal Williams TD run.

Penning also played well. We might have something.

Seems more likely that it’s a degradation in Oline play

Lions just ran down the throats of the Rams for an OT win.

Playoffs is an equalizer for the run game for some reason. Doesn’t really make sense. I hope our run game continues to evolve. Panthers have a good defense including a dominant DT and we were still able to run on them.

Fuaga is really good in the run game. On the AK TD run he sealed the edge and blocked three defenders at once. And he got the crucial lead block on the Jamal Williams TD run.

Penning also played well. We might have something.
Panthers dline has a couple really good players but then nothing. Not a good recipe for a team that sucks on offense.

I thought both tackles played really well. I thought the play design, spacing and pressing every inch of turf with the running game really helped.

I use to play Fantasy alot in the 2000s up to now, never joined a league this year, but I can tell you this. Their was so much more consistency back then compared to today. Today its very hard to build a fantasy team because of so much unknown.

The unknown is there because the last 4-5 years we have really seen imo a huge drop off in really talented players and even QBs. I believe the proof of that is the fact of how bad KC was last year and still able to win a SB. It was due to the fact that most every team they had to go through was equally as bad or worse. That KC team barely beat the majority of the teams put in front of them all year, had to go through Baltimore, Dolphins, and Bills. All 3 of them have big question marks as far as being a contender goes. Heck Cinci went to a SB off Burrow and Chase, their was nothing else there but that.

Its crazy really. It all started when Brady retired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom