We need to something Nasty or Ignorant (1 Viewer)

Im sick of people calling the Saints the darling of the league, Mother Theresa, and americas team. Its ruining a perfect season. If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs, people will always say that the league laid down for the Saints in 2006 out of pitty and remorse.

We need to make signs about Jamal Lewis's career as a drug dealer, we need to cheer when Mcnair gets injured, we need to be hated! "Fire Brian" chants.

5-1 looks good on paper but it doesn't mean jack if no one is going to give us real credit for it. The media is treating the Saints the same way they would treat a child with autism

Am I the only one angry at this?

AP don't let what the media outlets report bring you down and want to do things like you are thinking. The Saints have never been a team that had the so called labeled "Bad Fans". Aside from the Falcon BB(there are those there that do give us props) all other teams BB fans give us our props for being the best fans around, such as being friendly, hospitable, and creating a an atmosphere that makes the game enjoyable for the opposing fans. honestly do you really want to be in the "pool" with such rude and ignorant fans(as you said we need to do) that is known league wide? I don;t think you really do. I like that our fans are regarded as the best by other teams fans. Let the media continue spinning this season as they are, and they will, but I bet you that the remainig teams on our schedule and the ones we might face later on in January, aren't treating us like a child with autism. They understand that we aren;t all about emotion anymore!! They understand we are a very very good club. There is no need to lower your standards to such because the media upsets you. Keep your mind clear and head up & let the media outlets say what they want but come seasons end if things happen like we all feel then we will be the ones with the last laugh.

May I suggest a team that you may want to be a fan of: Miami Hurricanes.

Calm down buddy. Being the darling of the leaue is a great thing to be. Don't hate.

We need the money, positive attention, and the fans.

AP don't let what the media outlets report bring you down and want to do things like you are thinking. The Saints have never been a team that had the so called labeled "Bad Fans". Aside from the Falcon BB(there are those there that do give us props) all other teams BB fans give us our props for being the best fans around, such as being friendly, hospitable, and creating a an atmosphere that makes the game enjoyable for the opposing fans. honestly do you really want to be in the "pool" with such rude and ignorant fans(as you said we need to do) that is known league wide? I don;t think you really do. I like that our fans are regarded as the best by other teams fans. Let the media continue spinning this season as they are, and they will, but I bet you that the remainig teams on our schedule and the ones we might face later on in January, aren't treating us like a child with autism. They understand that we aren;t all about emotion anymore!! They understand we are a very very good club. There is no need to lower your standards to such because the media upsets you. Keep your mind clear and head up & let the media outlets say what they want but come seasons end if things happen like we all feel then we will be the ones with the last laugh.

Cheers mate

lets bring a real raven out onto the field and saw his head off with a plastic knife...that'll make 'em hate us

/joking

The media might be labeling us as "America's Team" or the darlings of the league but you're kidding yourself if you think the opposing team is letting up on us during a game because of that. I haven't seen any signs that our opponents are laying down for us. Besides these players on those other teams have pride and want to win just as much as us. Now you have Billick saying that beating us will be like punching Mother Theresa. Well I hope for his sake his team doesn't have that kind of attitude or it will be a rude awakening for them come Sunday.

all of this is dumb to me....trust me if we had mother theresa as our QB the players in the nfl would knock her head off if given the opurtunity. They are there to win games, they aren't laying down for anybody. Let's just continue to win and people can say whatevery they want. Where was all that compassion last year?

The whole idea that a team would lay down is ridiculous. An NFL team is a 365 day a year operation upon which large numbers of people rely, and is based on huge amounts of money. And it all revolves around one thing- the pursuit of victory.

IMO, anyone who honestly thinks that somehow a team- its coaches and players fighting for their jobs and reputations, and its owners fighting for money and glory- would "allow" another team to beat them, for any reason, is seriously misjudging the business that is the NFL.

I think I know what you are saying, you want to be feared more? not just have people saying they play well as a team (meaning they have no individual talent). But I would take them talking about the saints good or bad, because that means we are still in the hunt.

Its best not to pick fights with anyone when you're the only team that been around since the 60's and still hasn't made it to a Super Bowl.

And yes, I can write in green.

NOOOOO!!!!!

:)

A couple of (more) bottles thrown should take that Mother Theresa sheen right off...

So basically, we should turn into Philly fans and start throwing batteries at players...or maybe beat up Santa...We could also dress up like those guys in Oakland, the ones in the Black Hole. With this combo, we'd sure be a crowd to deal with.

WOW. i have the exact opposite view. i could care less what the league thinks, as long as we get the wins. would you be happy if we were widely regarded as the best team in the league but went 3-3 over the first 6 weeks?

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the host on NFL Live said in the closing comments just a while ago that, "it may be about time that we stop calling the Saints a 'feel good story' and start acknowledging what they are: a really, really good football team."

So if it's media credit you're after, there's a tasty morsel.

Billick is just making excuses for the Saintly A** kicking his team is gonna get on Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom