Wearing Jerseys at Saints Games (1 Viewer)

:badmood:

satire

Main Entry: sat·ire
Pronunciation: \ˈsa-ˌtī(-ə)r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough — more at sad
Date: 1501
1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

Ah, definitions. I'm used to the likes of The Onion. I shoulda saw this one coming.:covri:

Mr. Schexnaydre, while I enjoy your writing I do take issue with rule 8. I too have a personalized jersey with my last name on it. I have been a fan of this team since 1967 and have never wavered. even when the team stunk and players couldn't wait for the season to end to get a contract somewhere else. now a jersey with your name on it may get you more strange looks than mine, no one I have met had a problem with it and as another poster pointed out if I'm spending $300 for a jersey I'll put on it what I want. keep up the good work and have as much fun with our responses as we did reading your blog

i have a personalized jersey that says "OPTIMUS" with 86 as the number. i wear it to preseason games (since im not in costume) and on away game days (unless im at the away game and wearing a costume)

i dont have any shame in it.

I just bought a customized saints jersey that has my last name and the number 54 in honor of my mom who died last year at 54. she always watched the game with me eery week and i will wear it every game day till it falls apart lol.

I still don't understand the hate. Before Brees, Brooks brought us our proudest moment as Saints fans....with a bad coach and a defense that makes '07 look like the second coming of the Dome Patrol.

I guess I'm breaking the ex-player and personalized rule. My old #7, Morten Andersen comes out for Falcon's games. (I thought he retired three or four times). The Falcons fans hated it this year, of course, they hated everything about their team.
What's with that pink that the girls wear? Black and Gold only!

It baffling why anyone would care that much,...

AB may have been celebrated by "most", but not all! Some people may still like him,...who knows...

Plus I still have an old Ricky Williams jersey... didn't have the money at the time to buy a new one, so I cut off the panel with his name...voila! I had a unamed #34 jersey.

I recently purchased a Drew Brees jersey. (AS a wedding gift I was given a signed Brees jersey....it was awesome!) Anyway,... Where what ever you want,.... just wear black and gold and not the colors of the opponent- :ezbill: show your pride in your team however you want.

--

I still don't understand the hate. Before Brees, Brooks brought us our proudest moment as Saints fans....with a bad coach and a defense that makes '07 look like the second coming of the Dome Patrol.

I dont get it either. If we had any kind of defense then we dont even have these conversations.

Its hard to admit this but I have 2 Aaron Brooks jerseys. They do nothing but take up closet space. Any ideas what to do with them?????

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :hihi:

I proudly wear my #17 Kilmer jersey -- I get lots of compliments and some odd looks. The funny thing is that I would rather have #39 Wheelwright, or #54 Wendryhoski or #37 Stonebreaker or #46 Abramowicz -- unfortunately, all of those have too many letters to fit onto a custom jersey.

I proudly wear my #17 Kilmer jersey -- I get lots of compliments and some odd looks. The funny thing is that I would rather have #39 Wheelwright, or #54 Wendryhoski or #37 Stonebreaker or #46 Abramowicz -- unfortunately, all of those have too many letters to fit onto a custom jersey.

If I could get one of those with the 50th anniversary of the NFL patch on the sleeve, that would be SWEET!

Its hard to admit this but I have 2 Aaron Brooks jerseys. They do nothing but take up closet space. Any ideas what to do with them?????

I thought I was sooo flipping smart and took the BROOKS name off the back and replaced with iron-on letters MARE. What an idiot I am. As I'm wearing it around town people are saying -Hey, isn't Mare the guy who shanked a twenty yard field goal?- Yea, I'm an idiot... just throw your A.Brooks jerseys out.

However.....

If you are worried about throwing out team colors (which is never cool and I totally get the whole karma thing) with the kitchen trash I suggest buring. It's very Viking Funeral and all and usually appeases the football gods.

Last edited:
Who cares what jersey you where. I your wound a little tight. Only thing that even semi catches my attention is someone wearing a jersey to a game and neither team is playing. example: wearing a cowboys jersey to a saints vs. falcons game. But I don't want to shoot them in the back of the head or anything.

I sure hope Panther fans feel the same as you. My hubby Mike, a die hard Chiefs fan, accompanies me to the Saints/Panthers game in Charlotte every year and always wears his Chiefs jersey. Next season the Chiefs will be playing in Charlotte & I will be accompanying him wearing my Saints jersey. I am praying that the Saints will have already beaten the Panthers by that time. :covri:

Jan

Well done, Mr. Schex. Enjoyed. I am guilty of trying to convert my R. Williams into a McKenzie. Oh the shame. (at least I didn't consider making it a Tebucky jersey)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom