NFL Draft Welp...I don't think we'll have to worry about SR members complaining "Why didn't we draft any LSU players!?!?" in the 2021 draft (1 Viewer)

The Tigers have fallen off the proverbial cliff.

If we are being honest, I'd be lying if I said I expected them to be this bad, but I did expect them to not be that good.

They lost more players to the NFL and Covid-19 then any school in NCAA history.

Bottom line this team is really young and they are gonna get better week by week

Bottom line this team is really young and they are gonna get better week by week
Care to pick which week we might see some improvement? :unsure:
If Bama keeps their starters in past halftime, they will roll up 800 yards on LSU's defense for sure. I can't bear to watch. :covri:

Last year was just pretty darn amazing. However, I still
feel like Coach O is kinda overrated. True, he did win it all last year, but doubt we are gonna have a dominant program the next few years. I hope I’m wrong though!
You say that but yet we are recruiting many 5 Star players which means we will still have the players, just need the coaching to step up. A lot of players look bad when they switch DC's, especially when they run completely different sets and schemes.

LSU lost 4 of it's 5 starters on O-line, the #1 WR in the country and Jefferson, 3 very good LB's, Rashard Lawrence, & Delpit, plus the players that opted out because of Covid (Kary Vincent, Tyler Shelvin, and Neil Ferrell). That is a lot of players with experience and talent being replaced by true Freshmen or Sophmores. LSU's WR's have played well and so have the RB's, the O-line has been horrendous though. On the Defense, going from a 3-4/3-3 to a true 4-3 seems to have completely messed up everyone. Not to mention everyone in the secondary outside of Stingley and Ricks look like garbage. Flott and the other dime back look like they never played the CB before.

You say that but yet we are recruiting many 5 Star players which means we will still have the players, just need the coaching to step up. A lot of players look bad when they switch DC's, especially when they run completely different sets and schemes.

LSU lost 4 of it's 5 starters on O-line, the #1 WR in the country and Jefferson, 3 very good LB's, Rashard Lawrence, & Delpit, plus the players that opted out because of Covid (Kary Vincent, Tyler Shelvin, and Neil Ferrell). That is a lot of players with experience and talent being replaced by true Freshmen or Sophmores. LSU's WR's have played well and so have the RB's, the O-line has been horrendous though. On the Defense, going from a 3-4/3-3 to a true 4-3 seems to have completely messed up everyone. Not to mention everyone in the secondary outside of Stingley and Ricks look like garbage. Flott and the other dime back look like they never played the CB before.

I don’t think overall recruiting has been a problem for LSU. The problem has been finding a quarterback. Clemson’s true freshman already looks better than anything LSU has. Maybe they’ll have to dip back into the transfer market next year.

I don’t think overall recruiting has been a problem for LSU. The problem has been finding a quarterback. Clemson’s true freshman already looks better than anything LSU has. Maybe they’ll have to dip back into the transfer market next year.
I think we are good at QB with Finley and Johnson, IMO it's the O-line that needs to be addressed. Very few times can you replace 4 of 5 starters on the O-line with a shortened/virtually no offseason training together and expect them to come out and play well. If the O-line can gel the QB position should look much better.

LSU back to being 7-3 LSU, that one hit wonder!
Why all the hate for an In-State SEC school? Its college football, rosters flip every 3 yrs if you recruit in top 5 or 10 (#LSUNFL). Asst. coaches are always fluid (BIG MISTAKE). It's not a "ONE HIT WONDER" if you've won 4, idiot. I'll bet Ga. would take that 1yr.

Why all the hate for an In-State SEC school? Its college football, rosters flip every 3 yrs if you recruit in top 5 or 10 (#LSUNFL). Asst. coaches are always fluid (BIG MISTAKE). It's not a "ONE HIT WONDER" if you've won 4, idiot. I'll bet Ga. would take that 1yr.

I can't speak for the person you quoted but I can answer the question as another person who doesn't like LSU. I think of LSU as like the Dallas Cowboys of Louisiana. America's Team....Why does LSU have to be Louisiana's team? Why can't we have an Oklahoma State to our Oklahoma or a Mississippi State to our Ole Miss or an Auburn to our Alabama or a Georgia Tech to our Georgia? The answer is money. And the system is setup where it all goes to LSU. It's even setup where LSU steals high earners from other state schools. "Great job at ULL, ULM, Tech, etc. Want to go to Med School or Law School? Welcome to LSU."

I can't speak for the person you quoted but I can answer the question as another person who doesn't like LSU. I think of LSU as like the Dallas Cowboys of Louisiana. America's Team....Why does LSU have to be Louisiana's team? Why can't we have an Oklahoma State to our Oklahoma or a Mississippi State to our Ole Miss or an Auburn to our Alabama or a Georgia Tech to our Georgia? The answer is money. And the system is setup where it all goes to LSU. It's even setup where LSU steals high earners from other state schools. "Great job at ULL, ULM, Tech, etc. Want to go to Med School or Law School? Welcome to LSU."
Having lived in Ruston from 1991-2008, I can tell you why Tech can’t compete with LSU. Because North Louisiana sucks in comparison to south Louisiana. Until about 2010 Ruston didn’t have anything really, nothing to few places to eat, not a College town at all. Pretty much the same for ULM but Monroe did have more to do. So why would a top prospect come to a smaller school, playing lesser quality teams, getting less national attention, with nothing to do; when they could go to LSU instead?

If we are being honest, I'd be lying if I said I expected them to be this bad, but I did expect them to not be that good.

They lost more players to the NFL and Covid-19 then any school in NCAA history.

When you return 2 starters on offense and 2 or 3 on defense, you simply can't expect a good season. I agree -- I never expected it to be THIS bad. Man...

They'll be much better next year, but it will be interesting to see if Bo P sticks around or they blow it up and start over.

Having lived in Ruston from 1991-2008, I can tell you why Tech can’t compete with LSU. Because North Louisiana sucks in comparison to south Louisiana. Until about 2010 Ruston didn’t have anything really, nothing to few places to eat, not a College town at all. Pretty much the same for ULM but Monroe did have more to do. So why would a top prospect come to a smaller school, playing lesser quality teams, getting less national attention, with nothing to do; when they could go to LSU instead?

If that's the case why can't ULL or UNO compete? It's all about money. LSU has it. Nobody else does. And all of the programs that produce high the earners who donate to their universities are at LSU. But since you're from Monroe it's worth mentioning that having three 4 year universities within 35 miles of each other in rural northeast Louisiana doesn't help.

What would football be like if we were all Tiger fans? It would suck!

Man I just wished LSU had a consistent program along the lines of Alabama, Clemson and Ohio state. LSU every year should be at least the 2nd best team in the SEC and competing with Bama every year for SEC West Division Title. No way in hades should they struggle with the ilk of MISS ST and MIZZOU.
Huh? I think you think too highly of the Tigers. Georgia and Florida would come ahead of LSU. Those two schools both, are in much larger states, with a larger pool of high school talent and should be more prominent then LSU. Even Texas A&M.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom