What do you pay per day in utilities? $30/day here (1 Viewer)

Built in 1998...We have 50 windows...Anderson double-hung, double-pane plus 5 skylights.

Back in December when no one was in the house for 2 weeks and the therms (I have 5 of them in my house) were all set down to 55 degrees, I still got a $300 bill.

Maybe the utility company will assign a Customer Relationship Manager to my account. I might look into solar and more efficient Hot Water Heater (least efficient Rheem made). Plus I know my furnace is inefficient (low AFUE rating probably < 80%); but it's ~$22K to replace my upstairs and downstairs units.

Maybe baseboard heat....dunno...willling to try different stuff.

The more I think about it, I would call the power company and have them do an energy audit of your house. Something just isn't right. Meter is wrong, furnace is out of tune, ducting has holes in it, something. Your power company wants to help you figure it out. A water tank wont make that big of a difference in that bill, and an efficiancy improvement of 17 percent wont make it that much better. Get it checked out.

Eeyore, a guy at work has one of those autocirculators, and says it works great. Instant hot water, and it's very efficient.

Eeyore,them programmable thermostats are quite nice aye?
Got one here too and it has definately helped chomp down the energy bill.
also did the attic insulation thing and double payne windows & it has helped.
it can git brutally cold up here in NYS.
Electicity bill about 150/month,not too bad,keep the heat at 69 during day and 62 at night.

We used to have huge electric bills (all electric) - would range from 300 to a high one time of 600. We live behind the church and when the church expanded the electric company had to come in and put in some new equipment. Since my father is the pastor they dropped our meter and added our electricity to the churches - the church went from probabl 200-400 to 300-500 dollars with an expansion and our electric - something big was wrong but we don't know if if was the meter on our side or the new equipment they put up.

So I would definitaly have them come out and check your meter etc Pure Energy - it could be mostly on their end not yours

my house seems to be pretty efficient. my electric bills are around 75-100 in the winter and around 125-175 in the summer, everything is electric. supposedly it meets slemco's highest efficiency grade or something and they give me a better rate. 1800 sqf.

I'm all electric and pay around $320/month...month after month after month.

When my heat pump died, I put in window units for the summer and strategically placed heaters in the winter. I think my bill actually went down some.

Of course I need to change out all the windows and doors and eventually get the heat pump repaired (when I can find someone that doesn't try to take me for a fool and say it has to be totally replaced). But man, windows are $$$$$$$. I also plan to install a solar-powered gable fan before it gets hot. Considering how large my attic is, that should help considerably during the summer.

Heh...I live in an apartment. One of the few pros is how much my electric costs. my latest electric bill:

02/21/2007You have received an eBill from Dominion for account 75208xxxxx in the amount of $31.28. This bill is due on 03/14/2007. If you pay by automatic bank draft, your payment will be made on your scheduled draft day.Please give to EnergyShare. Add $1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25 or 35. Overpayments in these exact amounts benefit EnergyShare.</PRE>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom