What do you think inspired the uprising in Iran (1 Viewer)

Black, let's look at this situation a bit more on an even-keeled mindset. Obviously throughout this thread we have heard many different opinions, but it appears to me that Iran is at a crossroads of sorts. When I say that I mean they obviously don't want the return of an autocratic oppressive regime like the Shah's, that ship was sunk to the bottom of the ocean a long time ago. But what was promised to them as something that would be a better government and give them a voice hasn't come up that ladder as quickly as it should. It seems that to some of the younger Iranians who grew up listening to the big promises and the expectations that the Islamic Republic was supposed to give their parents more room to breath as actually given them far less room to let their voices be heard so instead they have to keep it to themselves.

Maybe some of them want their future to be better then what their seeing it could possibly seeing it as now. They don't want their leaders giving statements or making insensitive remarks about the Holocaust just to rub it in indirectly at the Israeli/Palestinian situation right now. It not only makes them look bad as a whole to many in the international community, because many of them don't hate Jews, some probably don't even hate many ordinary Israelis, they know about the pogroms, the SS, Nuremberg Laws, Kristal naught, any half way educated person knows either why it's apart of the equation even though it happened 65 years ago. They may hate the ways Israel came into being, that's really no secret anymore, but what they resent is being in lockstep with more then just a policy against Zionism, but a policy of hate and bigotry, and one in which it's cleverly put together and propped up with Holocaust denial conventions and mocking Holocaust survivors by inhumanly cruel political cartoons.

Add in huge domestic inflation and large unemployment, and that complicates the picture even more. And it's not just them either, what I'm saying applies to many other countries all over the world, even including us. Some may be tempted to look at all this happening right now and feel a certain sense of smugness and patting ourselves on the back in thinking we had a role in all of this happening. The wonderful world of spin is an age old propaganda tactic that's bewildering to even me as an historian. It's not a modern adaptation either, it's been going on since the development of complex civilizations and cultures going as far back as perhaps the Neolithic Age.

Iran is not at looking at going backwards, Black, it's wondering how the hell it should best go forward. The Shah's regime is becoming more of a fading memory with each passing year, they just want a better evolution to the revolution that was supposed to provide them with so much more. One in which they see Americans as more their friends and companions then ones they've been taught to despise and revile with chants for our eventual destruction. They want the world to live on and prosper, not be caught up in a world of hate and death.

That's why these people are out their right now IMO. They don't want to go backwards they just want something better to look forward to and be proud of then the lot their facing right at the present.

The people of Iran want freedom. They've been wanting it for years. This election is just an excuse to finally fight for it.

I pray for the people of Iran. For their health, for their future, and for their freedom.

don't forget their pistachios. I would hate to see the crop ruined because of this uprising.
j/k

/

Of Geebus!? Throwing out the anti-semetic sympathy card so soon?
Do we get credit for Godwin's law here at least?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom