What Is Your Favorite Movie Scene Of All Time?? (1 Viewer)

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since there have been threads about what comedies and movies are peoples favorites, I figured that we could go into more detail as to what is your favorite movie scene of all time.

I want to hear what scenes give you goose bumps. I want to hear why it is your favorite scene.

I will start.

My favorite movie scene contains no dialogue at all. My favorite scene comes from the original Star Wars. Not too far into the movie, as the two suns are setting over a young Luke Skywalkers home, he come out and stares into the horizon as a great piece of music from John Williams plays in the background. No words are spoken, but you can tell from the look on his face that he is yearning to become a part of something greater then a farmer. We know what lies ahead for him, but at the time, I can see myself in that scene. Wishing that I can go on to bigger and better things, I can feel what the character is feeling.

To this day, this remains my favorite movie scene of all time. I still get goosebumps everytime I see that scene and hear the great score of the scene.

So, I want to know what scenes are your favorites.

As for a little extra, my dog in my avatar is named Leia:)

I have a lot.

One is the "shower room scene" in the Rock. When the Seals are trying to penetrate Alcatraz and the "terrorists" pin them down.

Another one is the Suburban Scene in Clear and Present Danger. When the drug cartel pins them in the street with the grenade launchers.

Give me a minute and I'll think of some more.

Pulp Fiction...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

"I'm your huckleberry."

too many to count!!

resivior dogs when harvey kietel and steve buscemi are about to kill each other and michael madsen walks in...

"are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite??"

the long dialouge between sam jackson and john travolta in pulp fiction is money

fight club when you find out whats really been going on with tyler durden

in the matrix: revolutions, the fight between neo and smith is pretty cool

also in reloaded when neo fights hundreds of smiths

i could do this all day

The door gunner scene from "Full Metal Jacket." I won't type it here because it's kind of long, but if you've seen it, you know what I mean.

Also, the scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey when Dr. Floyd is flying to the space station.

My favorite western is "The Outlaw Josey Wales", it is full of many many great scenes. But the one that is my favorite is when Josey meets and bargains with Ten Bears.
I get chills when I watch it:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten Bears: These things you say we will have, we already have.
Josey Wales: That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another.
Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death............... It shall be life.

For some reason, there are several scenes in the Heat of the Night where Sidney Poiter slaps a white racist landowner and he looks at him eye ball to eyeball, that is tension in the movie big time. the whole movie is very tense as a matter of fact, You can sense it, as Poiter's charcater is surrounded by racists whites in Mississippi in the 60's and that in itself is making a ballsy statement unto itself. Its a great great movie if you have seen it.

and then their's the acid trippy scene in 2001 where the astronuat goes into full light trip drug expereince and its like your experiencing something out of this world.

And then their is a scene in Deliverance where the man squeals like a pig.

Great scenes so far. Each of them are very good. Lets keep this going.

I really like the scene in Return of the King when the Rohirrim charge the Orcs in the final battle at Gondor. The scope of what was going on mixed with the excellent cinematography and score is simply awesome to see.

I really like the scene in Return of the King when the Rohirrim charge the Orcs in the final battle at Gondor. The scope of what was going on mixed with the excellent cinematography and score is simply awesome to see.

Is this the scene where Faramir and his men were basically sent to their deaths? If it isn't then that was a very good scene. If it is, then it is a very good scene.

DEAAAAAAAATHH!!

There are so many.
Off the top of my head:

When Harry Lime (Orson Welles) rveals himself 2/3 through the movie The Third Man. What a great freaking scene.

Alec Baldwin's scene in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom