When did the fans turn on Kamara ? (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I’m reading “cut him “ “trade him “ “ we’ll be fine without him “ “draft Clyde Edwards Helaire (lol) “ and etc etc now it’s “sign Fournette and trade Kamara “

I’ve been reading this for a year. Was it during the season last year that the fans turned ? Dude was getting stem cells injected 2 x week just to walk ...

He shows up after back to back 7-9 seasons ( remember the CJ Spiller , Cadet years ? ) wins Offensive Rookie of the Year , goes to the Pro Bowl 3 TIMES in 3 years and scores 20 something TD’s. He’s been the 2nd most productive back in the NFL since he’s been in the NFL. Lights up the organization , opens up the offense for Ingram and MT ....Now the fans want to trade him ?

Remember Jimmy Graham ? Argue that decision worked out for us ? I’m sure the front office knows you don’t trade guys that are Top 3 at their position group unless there are character and locker room issues.

Kamara does the right stuff off the field - loves the City , loves the fans and gets this in return ??
He makes 20% of what Andrus Peat makes. Think about that in his shoes ... smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just people that have no idea how the CAP operates or any long term understanding of our franchise. They see theoretical money and freak out. We are about to go into a Bress-Less era. We need to keep our core together.

Do we really want a sub-par QB having a Trevor cadet quality RB?

And it's not easy to just draft another RB.

I don’t know. Kinda feels like everyone is pretty vicious nowadays. He’s a guy in a brutal sport at the most brutal position. He’s played well for very little up to now. He won’t get many bites at the apple before he is spent physically. It’s Ms. Benson’s money so let her decide. People seem to take this stuff too personal.

While it did take us forever to find a suitable replacement for Jimmy Graham, I don't think kamara qualifies as top 3 in his position group.

Maybe not top 3 but he's more dynamic and more productive than Reggie Bush ever was in a Saints uniform.

The thing that Kamara brings to the Saints offense is not something that is easily replaced.

And Jimmy Graham can still suck eggs!!:angryrazz:

I’m reading “cut him “ “trade him “ “ we’ll be fine without him “ “draft Clyde Edwards Helaire (lol) “ and etc etc now it’s “sign Fournette and trade Kamara “

I’ve been reading this for a year. Was it during the season last year that the fans turned ? Dude was getting stem cells injected 2 x week just to walk ...

He shows up after back to back 7-9 seasons ( remember the CJ Spiller , Cadet years ? ) wins Offensive Rookie of the Year , goes to the Pro Bowl 3 TIMES in 3 years and scores 20 something TD’s. He’s been the 2nd most productive back in the NFL since he’s been in the NFL. Lights up the organization , opens up the offense for Ingram and MT ....Now the fans want to trade him ?

Remember Jimmy Graham ? Argue that decision worked out for us ? I’m sure the front office knows you don’t trade guys that are Top 3 at their position group unless there are character and locker room issues.

Kamara does the right stuff off the field - loves the City , loves the fans and gets this in return ??
He makes 20% of what Andrus Peat makes. Think about that in his shoes ... smh.

I love Kamara, and always enjoy watching him play. I really hope we find away to keep him, and I’m sure it’s challenging to negotiate (for both sides) when we won’t know what the Cap will look like going forward! However, can we afford to pay a RB $13–15/year? I really hope we do, but giving RBs huge contracts usually don’t turn out all that well.

Anyway, I hope we find a way to keep him and we all get to drink Champagne the first Sunday in February!

It is a business and individual players need to take care of themselves and their future, especially a RB who has a short NFL life span. Having said that and supporting Kamara's right to do what is best for him, I will be disappointed greatly if this lasts much longer or extends to the regular season. In his case he has a contract for this year and I hope and believe that once he makes his point he will be back trying to help this team get to the promised land! If It does go long, it could impact this team during the early and difficult part of our schedule!

Because the NFL stands for Not For Long and Saints fans are very emotional and loyal to their team.
If you're not with them then you're against them. So IF Kamara does anything that can be viewed as dramatic or detrimental to the team. He goes on the poop list. Sad but true. Remember how quick they turned on Ingram, Shockey, Jimmy Graham, Sproles, Cooks etc. While some of it was warranted not all players that leave the Saints leave on bad terms but the WDN is always ready with the pitchforks

Rich Paul, who also represents LeBron James and angled to get both of his top clients together with the Los Angeles Lakers. His heavy-handed negotiating tactics sat poorly with Pelicans fans, though a deal was eventually worked out. So now we’re left asking, tongue very firmly in cheek, whether Paul will try to wrest away another icon from the New Orleans sports

That's the 2nd thread you've posted this in. What's your point? Crazy theories about how big of bullies they are? Booooo LeBron? Taking the same route as getting AD out of NOLA? Come on. Kamara and his agent aren't doing anything that any top tier player wouldn't be doing going into a contract year. This hasn't even come close to getting ugly.

What are you going to be posting when we extend him by the end of the week? Just going to move to another topic to troll on, I assume?

It's not about turning on him. Saints fans are smart and know you can't pay all of the skill position players top dollar and be successful. You need an offensive line. You need a defense. If you have those you shouldn't need a top paid running back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom