When did the fans turn on Kamara ? (1 Viewer)

Kamara is on a rookie deal, fam. We already got a huge discount. All Peat contract does is contextualize how light sad contract is... Nothing about Peats performance. Peats rookke contract was also like 4X bigger than Kamara. Kamara is still a much better player in my opinion on top of that.
Leave Peat out of it. The end. Now you’re blaming Peat for being a first rounder and not Kamara.

At the end of the day I’ll just trust Payton & Loomis whatever they decide. The way they let Ingram go make me think they don’t value RB as much as others do. I think they will offer Kamara what they feel is a good offer, but if he asks for too much they will let him walk.

I love me some AK, but I also believe paying rb’s is typically a mistake, Ram Lattimore & even Demario Davis are more of a priority in my opinion.

20 million per season? Where do you even get your fictional numbers from?
What do you think he's asking for $14-15 million?
[Mod edit :nono: Rude and Unnecessary]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well @Saint Kamara also has a thread saying the chance of a NFL season happening is 0% and here we are 10 days away from the season with only four players in the league on the COVID list so clearly he isn't the best with numbers. :LOL:
Yeah well watch for that boycott that the Eagles Laurie talked about. Would not be surprised to hear that first Thursday night game cancelled at the very last minute.

Well @Saint Kamara also has a thread saying the chance of a NFL season happening is 0% and here we are 10 days away from the season with only four players in the league on the COVID list so clearly he isn't the best with numbers. :LOL:

In MLB the outbreaks did not happen till season started. Now they are bubbling for playoffs.

It's not about turning on him. Saints fans are smart and know you can't pay all of the skill position players top dollar and be successful. You need an offensive line. You need a defense. If you have those you shouldn't need a top paid running back.

That's not true. None of us know how much Kamara is asking for, how close the sides are, or what Loomis already has figured out regarding the cap and resigning players and are calling for him to be traded or cut...even to the extent of calling for Fournette for gods sake
A lot of fans have turned on him despite the fact that he is extremely talented, is a team player as evidenced by playing thru a knee injury last year, and that he constantly strives for personal improvement and greatness much the same way CGM does. If Loomis can't make it work, then I understand and wish Kamara well but damn a lot of fans are ready to kick him to the curb without even giving them a chance

He’s debacle top 3 I don’t want CJ spiller or Cadet or Murphy catching passes pay Ak 13-15 million

Just people that have no idea how the CAP operates or any long term understanding of our franchise. They see theoretical money and freak out. We are about to go into a Bress-Less era. We need to keep our core together.

Do we really want a sub-par QB having a Trevor cadet quality RB?

And it's not easy to just draft another RB.
A few things.

The salary cap is going to be greatly reduced in the coming years. Saints do not succumb to the theory many fans subscribe to; “pay every good player top dollar“. Saints do not pay top money, or close to it, for RB’s. They have won with them and won without them and will continue to win, with or without them. Saints never have, never had and will never have a featured back (IE; Zeke, CMC, Barkley). Alvin wants to be paid, featured back money. A featured back is not the Saints style of offense. Saints pay the toughest positions to find the best players, the highest money. All linemen! They also will pay true future HOF quality players. (IE; Thomas, Brees, Jordan).

Does Alvin deserve to be paid, based off the skins on the wall? YES, but at a price the Saints hold as value. NOT what a fan would like to see be paid, for his fantasy team. Does Alvin deserve top 5 money? It is all an opinion. I think he deserves somewhere around 11.5 million/year, with say 30 million guaranteed.

What I think is going on, is something that is atypical with the Saints and contracts. They typically get things worked out prior to training camp for contracts. This one has dragged on deep into training camp, 2 weeks out from the start of the regular season and Alvin’s agent advised Alvin to step away from training camp for fear of injury. So here they are. I think this is going to get sticky and we see the Saints starting the season without Alvin. JMO.

A few things.

The salary cap is going to be greatly reduced in the coming years.

This is grossly incorrect. The next year's salary cap is decided on the years before revenue.

It's most likely be a one year down year. Then, it'll quickly rebound.

The NFLPA are pushing hard to burrow from future years to maintain the CAP at 198 million.

If they where to hard cut the cap in one year. They would have to go to a soft cap and probably introduce a luxury tax.

Is the hate on twitter? twitter where people jump to conclusions without facts can also threaten tyour life and call it their Platform. It’s why I don’t have twitter or any other social media

I made this post earlier but it was removed for responding to a post that presumably violated the TOS.

Anyway, Kamara at his best is the best running back this franchise has ever had. His combination of speed, vision and lateral movement plus his ability to double up as a genuine receiving threat puts him above all of Ingram, Deuce, Ricky Williams, Reggie etc for mine.

He may not have the longevity of those guys but in terms of his peak output he deserves to get paid like a top tier feature back (and ultimately will, regardless of whether it’s by the Saints or by someone else). Plus he works better in a Payton offence than any straight-up every down running backs. Look at Peterson’s output since he went to Washington compared to here.

I don't hate on him. I was concerned about his play last year, until I heard he had an injury. Now I'm more concerned that the Saints kept playing one of their best players who had a nagging injury that needed to heal. You can't blame him for trying to get all the money he can out of the situation. The only issue I see is many players decrease their effort after getting big contracts, but that will remain to be seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom