When did the fans turn on Kamara ? (2 Viewers)

Maybe don’t start another thread when we have one discussing this? Why do we need multiple threads?
On that note sorry if offended your fascination with Lebron& Lakers . LOL

Is that really all you have? I don't like LeBron or the Lakers, and it wouldn't matter if I did. I just think your take is lazy and obnoxious. Provide some substance.

He likely wants 20 million per or very close to it.

No can do.

Learn from the Todd Gurley debacle.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the salary cap is likely going down by a whopping 30% next year.

And my guess is that viewership is going to take a huge hit with the BLM stuff turning off people who don't want to see anything but football when they turn on the TV. So factor that in.

20 million per season? Where do you even get your fictional numbers from?

A few things to consider. Running back isn’t a highly valued position in Payton’s offense. Payton changes them out and uses them according to their skill set. If Alvin goes, Payton will find another one to replace him with roughly the same skill set. Maybe not ideally, but within a set of ability.
When has Payton given money to a running back? Hardly ever. Running back in the NFL is a disposable position.
Now, specific to Kamara. Ever since his first half year people were crowing for Alvin to be the next 300+ carry RB and take over for Ingram, no matter the fact that anytime Kamara gets a heavy load he gets banged up. He hasn’t managed to be the man yet. He also has damage to his knee which I assume is cartilage damage. Not good for a running back, certainly not one who has been knocked up as much as he has.
Not saying he’s not valuable. What I’m saying is for him to be paid as a top tier running back and get Gurley money means that either Lattimore or someone like Ramczyk won’t be able to be signed. You win long term with line strength, QB and CB play. Not RB play.

It's just business nothing personal. Ram, Lattimore or Kamara. If you had to let go one of these 3 players who would it be? The numbers say Sean Payton and most NFL teams shouldn't pay top dollar for a RB. Ingram's last 4 seasons in New Orleans were pretty good and Payton let him walk.

Is that really all you have? I don't like LeBron or the Lakers, and it wouldn't matter if I did. I just think your take is lazy and obnoxious. Provide some substance.
Just providing the facts as stated in the links I posted. Perhaps you need to take it up with them.
Time to move on.

Just providing the facts as stated in the links I posted. Perhaps you need to take it up with them.
Time to move on.

So, you're of the opinion that this new and groundbreaking negotiation tactic is exclusive to Klutch and hasn't been practiced hundreds of times now by every sports agency under the sun? Got it.

So, you're of the opinion that this new and groundbreaking negotiation tactic is exclusive to Klutch and hasn't been practiced hundreds of times now by every sports agency under the sun? Got it.
Moving on. You are the one that can’t seem to drop it .

I’m reading “cut him “ “trade him “ “ we’ll be fine without him “ “draft Clyde Edwards Helaire (lol) “ and etc etc now it’s “sign Fournette and trade Kamara “

I’ve been reading this for a year. Was it during the season last year that the fans turned ? Dude was getting stem cells injected 2 x week just to walk ...

He shows up after back to back 7-9 seasons ( remember the CJ Spiller , Cadet years ? ) wins Offensive Rookie of the Year , goes to the Pro Bowl 3 TIMES in 3 years and scores 20 something TD’s. He’s been the 2nd most productive back in the NFL since he’s been in the NFL. Lights up the organization , opens up the offense for Ingram and MT ....Now the fans want to trade him ?

Remember Jimmy Graham ? Argue that decision worked out for us ? I’m sure the front office knows you don’t trade guys that are Top 3 at their position group unless there are character and locker room issues.

Kamara does the right stuff off the field - loves the City , loves the fans and gets this in return ??
He makes 20% of what Andrus Peat makes. Think about that in his shoes ... smh.

If Kamara were just an RB, I'd agree, he's not worth big money. But he isn't. He's an 80 catch per season receiver, besides a 1,000 yard rusher. And he's a pretty good punt returner as well.

AK is effective because every defense in the league knows when he motions out to the WR spot, he isn't a decoy, or even a fourth option. He's the second option after Michael Thomas, and he's not going to run a shallow route and be the outlet option. He can go long, and has to be respected. He is the Saints' true number two receiver, and that's what makes him such an important player.

He needs to stay. You could argue that in holding out he is just going for the big money. But he's also giving the Saints an extra year to keep him, by doing this now. He's saying he wants to be paid, but he'd prefer to be paid as a Saint. There's an opportunity there to strike a fair deal. He deserves it. He's the best RB the Saints have ever had.

20 million per season? Where do you even get your fictional numbers from?
Well @Saint Kamara also has a thread saying the chance of a NFL season happening is 0% and here we are 10 days away from the season with only four players in the league on the COVID list so clearly he isn't the best with numbers. :LOL:

I’m reading “cut him “ “trade him “ “ we’ll be fine without him “ “draft Clyde Edwards Helaire (lol) “ and etc etc now it’s “sign Fournette and trade Kamara “

I’ve been reading this for a year. Was it during the season last year that the fans turned ? Dude was getting stem cells injected 2 x week just to walk ...

He shows up after back to back 7-9 seasons ( remember the CJ Spiller , Cadet years ? ) wins Offensive Rookie of the Year , goes to the Pro Bowl 3 TIMES in 3 years and scores 20 something TD’s. He’s been the 2nd most productive back in the NFL since he’s been in the NFL. Lights up the organization , opens up the offense for Ingram and MT ....Now the fans want to trade him ?

Remember Jimmy Graham ? Argue that decision worked out for us ? I’m sure the front office knows you don’t trade guys that are Top 3 at their position group unless there are character and locker room issues.

Kamara does the right stuff off the field - loves the City , loves the fans and gets this in return ??
He makes 20% of what Andrus Peat makes. Think about that in his shoes ... smh.
Loved your post til the last paragraph. Absolutely moronic to bring in Peat. Guess you forgot that Kamara has a contract. You lost all credibility with last paragraph.

A few things to consider. Running back isn’t a highly valued position in Payton’s offense. Payton changes them out and uses them according to their skill set. If Alvin goes, Payton will find another one to replace him with roughly the same skill set. Maybe not ideally, but within a set of ability.
When has Payton given money to a running back? Hardly ever. Running back in the NFL is a disposable position.
Now, specific to Kamara. Ever since his first half year people were crowing for Alvin to be the next 300+ carry RB and take over for Ingram, no matter the fact that anytime Kamara gets a heavy load he gets banged up. He hasn’t managed to be the man yet. He also has damage to his knee which I assume is cartilage damage. Not good for a running back, certainly not one who has been knocked up as much as he has.
Not saying he’s not valuable. What I’m saying is for him to be paid as a top tier running back and get Gurley money means that either Lattimore or someone like Ramczyk won’t be able to be signed. You win long term with line strength, QB and CB play. Not RB play.
When has Payton ever paid a WR over 100 mil? We can't keep comparing our old eras with this current era. The argument you made was similar to what MANY were saying on here last year about Mike

"Brees doesn't need a top WR."
"We're always a top offense anyway!"
"The WR position isn't worth that $."
"Trade him!"

It's a good thing Payton doesn't seem to subscribe to these mindsets anymore.

I get your stance about prioritizing positions but this FO knows how valuable AK is and will work tooth and nail to try and keep him.

Last edited:
Loved your post til the last paragraph. Absolutely moronic to bring in Peat. Guess you forgot that Kamara has a contract. You lost all credibility with last paragraph.
Kamara is on a rookie deal, fam. We already got a huge discount. All Peat contract does is contextualize how light sad contract is... Nothing about Peats performance. Peats rookke contract was also like 4X bigger than Kamara. Kamara is still a much better player in my opinion on top of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom